People are too funny

megalomaniac

Went to public this morn at 820, hiked halfway in to my spot, and the bird I've been hunting gobbled first call... but 500y away and in an impossible spot. Never gobbled again. Worked back to my killing spot I called him into 2d ago but nothing. Was in there for about 2 hours, and on the way out, someone left this in the middle of the little footpath 150y from the road for me to find. Plus a couple feathers on the ground next to my truck. Def weren't there this morn when I headed in. Feathers were plucked and not cut.

Did call in a hellraising hen to 10 yards, but she was by herself. Checking another spots now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240329_105304_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240329_105304_Gallery.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 8

Setterman

People are petty.

I'll tell a story on myself. Decades ago when I was in my 20's I walked in one morning and killed a bird. When I got back to my truck there was a truck parked next to mine. Agitated by this for no real reason as I killed a bird and the other hunter didn't mess me up at all, but left a tail feather under their windshield wipers like the young punk I was. I backed up onto the main road and coming down the road was a father with his young son. I got out of my truck and grabbed the feather, but the dad saw me and yelled what are you doing. I walked up and explained my actions and that I was truly sorry. Let his son see the dead bird as he wanted to know what they looked like. It ended up okay, but taught me a lesson.

REN

just the definition of a person that cares more about PROVING they are better then others and KILLING is what is measured by. A lot of that is just immaturity (which I had plenty of that when I was younger)

It use to really bother me when men did that stuff, but finally realized I just didnt really care lol. Like why am I pissed about some random guy and letting that effect my own joy.

Weirdly enough, no matter how old I get and how "good" I get Ive just always felt I have SOOOO much still to learn and understand.

REN

People are petty.

I'll tell a story on myself. Decades ago when I was in my 20's I walked in one morning and killed a bird. When I got back to my truck there was a truck parked next to mine. Agitated by this for no real reason as I killed a bird and the other hunter didn't mess me up at all, but left a tail feather under their windshield wipers like the young punk I was. I backed up onto the main road and coming down the road was a father with his young son. I got out of my truck and grabbed the feather, but the dad saw me and yelled what are you doing. I walked up and explained my actions and that I was truly sorry. Let his son see the dead bird as he wanted to know what they looked like. It ended up okay, but taught me a lesson.
man good on your for going back. Reading that I could honestly FEEL that, totally something I prob would have done in my younger years and then seeing a father and son my conscious would have exploded :)

Setterman

man good on your for going back. Reading that I could honestly FEEL that, totally something I prob would have done in my younger years and then seeing a father and son my conscious would have exploded :)
Haha, yeah I had my moments for sure, probably still do

ImThere

I have had a few things like this happen. I had a doe head thrown in the back of my truck. Didn't notice it until I was loading up my deer for the day.
Had a note out on my windshield about calling the law next time I trespassed and don't say I didn't see her naked sun bathing lol. But I never did see her despite multiple attempts! Lol. I was on public land and clearly not trespassing.

megalomaniac

So you think it was left there intentionally? I don't pick up the wadding after a shot. Am I the only one?
Did you hear a shot?
Long day in the woods today, but beautiful weather! Dude def didn't shoot, I was only a half mile away. Had he fired off a round into the air, he might have fooled me on my way out. But the feathers were so perfectly placed, as well as the wad, I knew it was someone messing with me.

I know the ranger for Desoto well, and I know the areas to avoid (those areas you will have your tires cut if you just park there in turkey season). This was just someone screwing with me. But that bird is still alive and I'll keep hunting him!

megalomaniac

Are you surprised by such petty conduct? I'm not. Be glad he didn't leave the turkeys guts hanging off your truck antenna.
Not surprised, just find it funny. Like the bird I killed a few years ago while someone was calling from the road. Instead of coming up and congratulating me, he just laid on his horn for 2 min after I shot.

There's a few folks down here think that public is their private.

megalomaniac

Stuff like this doesn't bother me. Most birds I've killed on public have boottracks/ tiretracks already there before me.

I just find it funny that some folks go through such extremes to play a joke on someone they don't even know. But it's all good... as long as my truck isn't messed with.

Bgoodman30

I am sure it was a petty move but maybe he was trying to do you a favor so you wouldn't waste your time chasing a ghost?

megalomaniac

I am sure it was a petty move but maybe he was trying to do you a favor so you wouldn't waste your time chasing a ghost?
I heard him gobble, he is still alive, just living across the property line on private! The stuff was placed while I was in there and there was definetly no shots from back towards the road while I was in there.

Latest posts