Birds are vocal today

Kelljp

While feeding the dogs at daylight I was greeted with the sound of gobbling toms.
After getting the pups taken care of I stepped off into the field and listened. It's not that unusual to hear them on the limb, but these guys put on a show when they hit the ground.
Hope this is the exception and not the rule for this year. Middle of April is still a long ways off.

Bgoodman30

While feeding the dogs at daylight I was greeted with the sound of gobbling toms.
After getting the pups taken care of I stepped off into the field and listened. It's not that unusual to hear them on the limb, but these guys put on a show when they hit the ground.
Hope this is the exception and not the rule for this year. Middle of April is still a long ways off.

Not sure I could hear one 100 yards away in this wind!

Southern Sportsman

Here I had hope that you might actually have been a real Turkey Hunter, and then you go and sh#t the bed like that.
Good Lord, dude. Does it make you feel like a badass to sh*t talk people on the internet whom you've never met? You and I probably have a similar opinion about the "they'll be gobbled out" argument, but I don't understand why you need to belittle others to feel like a turkey hunting hero.

Soft Talker

Good Lord, dude. Does it make you feel like a badass to sh*t talk people on the internet whom you've never met? You and I probably have a similar opinion about the "they'll be gobbled out" argument, but I don't understand why you need to belittle others to feel like a turkey hunting hero.
Dude, take a breath, find your safe space, and grab your emotional support animal. It will be alright, I promise.

Southern Sportsman

Dude, take a breath, find your safe space, and grab your emotional support animal. It will be alright, I promise.

IMG_5572.jpeg

You being a self-righteous yugohead to strangers on the internet does not make me want or need a safe-space, or an emotional support anything, or any other nonsensical cliche for woke sentimentalities that have nothing to do with the discussion at hand. It just makes me wonder what went wrong in your youth. Bullied too much as a kid, I would guess, so now you feel big and strong when you anonymously denigrate others to flex your turkey hunting prowess from behind your keyboard. It's just sad, really.

megalomaniac

If they are starting this early, then hens may be bred and gobblers out of the mood by middle of April.
Tell me you aren't a turkey hunter without saying you aren't a turkey hunter.

Not trying to be rude... but eventually you will figure out hens don't start breeding until late March, peak breed mid April, and still breed all the way into July. Toms are ready to go late Feb in TN (early Feb in south MS)... but toms don't dictate when breeding happens

Latest posts