Pattern change started

Kelljp

I'm not a serious deer hunter anymore, but still find myself watching them as I work around the farm. Noticed deer traveling different trails and time of day. Acorns must be getting available for them. Up until last week I could set my watch at 7 AM with them traveling across the orchard. Last few days noon seems to be the active time of day now. It's that time of year I guess.

Harold Money jr

I've noticed bucks turn into does over night. I had a bachelor group of 4 bucks and no does coming by the camera either first or last light. Then one day it was 4-5 antlerless coming by with one of the smaller bucks tagging along. No bucks at all on that camera now just does.

Hymie3

It's every year same week on my lease. Basically opening weekend of bow season hahah. We have gone from 600 pictures in a week before to 2 or 3 a week about this same time.

Kelljp

Always thought TWRA knew exactly when to start the season, bucks always quite showing up on camera right before it opened ☹️
One reason I turned into a doe Assassin when I was younger. Had to get rid of all that pent up frustration . Discovered they taste better and never looked back.

SinningSaint33

I've noticed bucks turn into does over night. I had a bachelor group of 4 bucks and no does coming by the camera either first or last light. Then one day it was 4-5 antlerless coming by with one of the smaller bucks tagging along. No bucks at all on that camera now just does.
Same for me. Had a real nice bachelor group showing up every evening like clockwork. In the last week and half, nothing but does and 1 new twisted rack fella.

Kmushrooman

Saw some in the city this morning. Running down a busy street. They finally scattered bouncing off of fences and stopped vehicles. finally scattered into a neighborhood.

Kelljp

Coming back to the house, I seen deer I'm pretty sure hadn't been on my place this summer, coats were already gray. The regulars that I've been watching this year all have their summer coat ( reddish brown) still.
Might be an indication of weather to come.

BSK

Honestly, I started to see the summer to fall dispersal beginning the last week of August. But more "true" fall patterns have really hit in the last week.

backyardtndeer

Several bean fields here are brown or midway between green and brown, haven't seen beans being harvested here yet but should be very soon. Everything around us should all be out before our cwd unit rifle season opens. Deer will definitely get bumped around some the next few weeks, my oak trees may be dropping at just the right time.

BSK

Beans are just starting to yellow in my area. Corn is being harvested as fast as they can get it out of the field. Just at dusk yesterday, I saw herds of deer feeding in the freshly cut (that day) corn fields.

Andy S.

^^ Some of my favorite archery hunt memories are on the edge of a freshly cut corn field. Follow the combine is a great strategy if the timing is right (season open).

Latest posts