Painted another stock over the weekend.

Cannonball1

I picked up a Ruger American compact in .243 from a member here last week. I liked the camo job I did on my Tikka so I decided to give this one the full treatment as well. No before pics but it was just a plain black synthetic stock. I like the fact that you can sand down the seams where the stock was molded together for a nicer feel and much better look. The camo also makes gripping it much more secure and takes the slickness feeling away. This stock looks much darker than the picture shows, must have been the lighting.
IMG_4585.jpeg

IMG_4588.jpeg

IMG_4589.jpeg

pk117ac23

I've never been daring enough to paint a rifle… yet. Always painted tree stands, etc but with leaves. Curious, do you care to share what spray paints and methods (i.e. dabbing cloth, using leaves, spray thru mesh, etc) you used here? Would love to know how you got such factory impressive results!

Cannonball1

I've never been daring enough to paint a rifle… yet. Always painted tree stands, etc but with leaves. Curious, do you care to share what spray paints and methods (i.e. dabbing cloth, using leaves, spray thru mesh, etc) you used here? Would love to know how you got such factory impressive results!
Look at my post titled - Camo for my Tikka stock, it's also in the firearms section. I gave a detailed explanation that will answer the questions you have.

agelessssone

LOL, painted a Remington 870, barrel and all, using leaves as stencils.
Shot a deer, leaned the gun up against a tree and got a buddy to help me drag the deer out. 8 years old, 204 lbs field dressed. Biologists at check station opined that he wouldnt have survived the winter as he had no teeth left. (Same area as the doe with the fetus).
Went back for the shotgun, COULD NOT FIND IT in the dusk! Done TOO GOOD of a camo job on it.
Went back the next morning and after about 30 minutes of searching, found it leaning up against the same tree I had leaned it in the evening before.