West TN Stock Checkering?

tacoma2002

2-Step Enabled
Who's the go to around here for checkering stocks? I'd entertain a laser engraved checkering as well, doesn't have to be hand checkered honestly.

I'm starting on a new deer rifle build and I might end up having to build a custom stock if I can't find what I'm looking for - I've got the skills to fit and finish to my liking, unfortunately I do not have the skills, tools or eyes it takes to checker...

TNRifleman

Who's the go to around here for checkering stocks? I'd entertain a laser engraved checkering as well, doesn't have to be hand checkered honestly.

I'm starting on a new deer rifle build and I might end up having to build a custom stock if I can't find what I'm looking for - I've got the skills to fit and finish to my liking, unfortunately I do not have the skills, tools or eyes it takes to checker...
I would not trust any of the gunsmiths in West TN to do that. I'd find someone who is reputable nationally and ship it off.

7X57

That's a great resource, thanks!

Have you ever had a stock made by David?
That's good advice from @TNRifleman . Yes, he stocked 7 custom Mauser rifles for me several years back. I talked to him a few months back and he is still working and making gunstocks. He's an old time gunmaker, not a gunsmith. You could also call the American Custom Gunmaker's Guild for more stockmakers. Either way, if it's a rifle you plan to build and keep or pass on to family, then I think it would be worth having it hand cut checkered. Like Mr. Christman says, "When you're in the deer stand, you're gonna look at your rifle a whole lot more than you are going to look at the deer."

Latest posts