Over/Under Shotguns??

Joe2Kool

I've eyed the CZ O/U turkey gun because of the two chokes, but I'm so pleased with my Remington 870 TKM I haven't made the leap. Would be nice to have an open choke for 15-30 yards, and a tight choke for reaching out to 50.

I shoot skeet with a Remington 1100. There's a certain Winchester load it will jam with, about once a round. Most of the other skeet shooters use an O/U. I'll have to say they seem to have just as many issues with shells not ejecting, trigger not resetting, or failure to select the right barrel for a single (operator error).

That said, I recently acquired a Winchester Orion O/U. After I get a couple skeet/improved cylinder tubes, I'll be giving it a try.

Weight? IDK. First impression is the O/U is heavier.

IMO, both are nice looking guns.

Chaneylake

They are good for the clay games, you don't blow them up with bloopers, 2 chokes, easy empty hull retention for reloading, the better ones can take 50k shots fired a year and keep going.
Kriegkoff K80.
50K shells a year for about 21 years until she was stolen. Never needed a gunsmith.

Jon54

I don't want to side track the Red Label thread so I'll start a new one. I have never owned an over/under shotgun. I'm not knocking anything or questioning anyone's choices. I'm curious as to why anyone would want an over/under for anything other than a collectible? Fill me in.
I have a Citori and my aim with it is perfect. I know it's probably a fitting issue but this is what I pull anytime I need a scatter gun.

Mattt

I have Beretta O/U 686 30" and I don't know why but I shoot it better than my A400 28". Maybe the U/U me better.
Yes . Have two. Must fit better one is a 28" the other a 26". One is a laser, the other is like being in the matrix. Know what it does before it does it. Went from shooting low to mid eighties on clays to low nineties instantly. Best round I've had was a 97. This gun is 28" 12 ga with 3-1/2" tubes probably have a conservative 30 thousand through it since I've owned it and I got it used off this site. The other also came from here but it's a 20. It's a solid 90 on clays but it's real light and a pure joy to carry all day. Also got it here from a guy over in middle tn. Only issue with it is it eats wood. Have replaced the forearm twice( fault of the dogs) and the stock needs replaced as it has a split behind the trigger guard. The pheasant loads probably don't help. Now the 12 shoots everything. Don't care. Matte blue finish wood stocks. Duck hunted with it for years.

east_tn_gk

Two chokes is nice if you're on a dove shoot. Also, great for skeet and sporting clays. I personally find them a ton easier to clean than semi-autos. I only have one, CZ Drake, but I'm really glad I got it for skeet just because of the time saved cleaning.

Openlake

Without the long action needed to feed and eject shells over/unders are generally much shorter and lighter than their semi auto counterparts. Less moving parts is generally more reliable as well. I had 15 Browning Superposed Belgium over/unders at one time. I got my two sons a 20, a12, and a Superlight 12. Browning offered a lifetime guarantee on the Superposed. Lifetime is significant when your son is ten years old. Lots of great hunting memories with my over/unders.

7mm08

Without the long action needed to feed and eject shells over/unders are generally much shorter and lighter than their semi auto counterparts. Less moving parts is generally more reliable as well. I had 15 Browning Superposed Belgium over/unders at one time. I got my two sons a 20, a12, and a Superlight 12. Browning offered a lifetime guarantee on the Superposed. Lifetime is significant when your son is ten years old. Lots of great hunting memories with my over/unders.
Dad? Is that you? 😂

15! Wow! I would have a seizure trying to pick which one to use!

Latest posts