Iso. Over&under for sport.

jmansfield

I'm new to sporting clays and trap shooting I am in search of a good under&under to start with. If someone has one looking to sale please let me know.

REN

Tri star, yildez or weatherby are the best bang for the buck. My son has been shooting trap for the past few years and has gotten into it big time. I've done a ton of research on it at this point.

Obviously citori and beretta are better options if money isn't a big issue. Winchester 101 are also fantastic

Mine shot a Yildez for 2 seasons and it was a great gun with no failures. He shoots a citori cx now only because I got a crazy deal on it. I shoot a browning cynergy. Not the best pure trap gun but it's great for all around clays and I dove hunt with it.

Have shot a bunch of the tri star TT-15 models though and I really like them personally

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
I had a yildiz and really liked it, but I don't trap shoot and liked having a 3rd shell done hunting so I traded it. They really are solid give for the money. Watch for academy to run a sale.

REN

just a note when you are looking.

Aluminum receivers are good if you want a lighter gun to carry in the field, however if it is going to be a clay gun then I would shy away from that and look more at steel receivers. More weight is much better for clays for recoil and swing. Lighter guns are more difficult to keep a swing with and aluminum recievers will not last as long.

if you are doing one (Trap or sporting clays) more then the other generally then get a gun more geared toward that. Trap guns will generally have a longer barrel, higher ribs and have more of a 70/30 POI pattern. Sporting clays you can get away with more of a sporting model with a 50/50 POI or at most 60/40 pattern.

not saying you need a "TRAP" gun vs a sporting, you can get one gun that will do both just fine. Just saying if you tend to shoot trap or like trap more then Id get one set up that leans more toward that type of shooting. Like getting one with an adjustable comb so you can move the POI up or down depending on what you are doing.

jmansfield

just a note when you are looking.

Aluminum receivers are good if you want a lighter gun to carry in the field, however if it is going to be a clay gun then I would shy away from that and look more at steel receivers. More weight is much better for clays for recoil and swing. Lighter guns are more difficult to keep a swing with and aluminum recievers will not last as long.

if you are doing one (Trap or sporting clays) more then the other generally then get a gun more geared toward that. Trap guns will generally have a longer barrel, higher ribs and have more of a 70/30 POI pattern. Sporting clays you can get away with more of a sporting model with a 50/50 POI or at most 60/40 pattern.

not saying you need a "TRAP" gun vs a sporting, you can get one gun that will do both just fine. Just saying if you tend to shoot trap or like trap more then Id get one set up that leans more toward that type of shooting. Like getting one with an adjustable comb so you can move the POI up or down depending on what you are doing.

kamml

One more point to be aware of. Get a gun that does not have an automatic safety. My skeet over under has an auto safety and I can't cound how many birds I missed due to the darn safety.

jmansfield

One more point to be aware of. Get a gun that does not have an automatic safety. My skeet over under has an auto safety and I can't cound how many birds I missed due to the darn safety.
I'll definitely keep that in mind. Is there a place you can go and look at Multiple brands at once and get a fill for them I thought about a gun club or something but iv had no luck finding one.

Latest posts