opening morning rifle

Chief44

Daughter will be toting the rem model seven in 7mm08. I'm tagged out on bucks so I'm gonna grab a handgun out of the safe and maybe pop a doe or two. Thinking about the Glock 40 10 mm or a 44 mag super Blackhawk.

Shotgun84

Suppressed .300 blackout
Do you load your own rounds? If not, what subsonic over the counter ammo have you found works best on deer? Got plans to build a. 300 blackout sbr in the off season and have been wondering what's gonna be the best way to go ammo wise

Shotgun84

Daughter will be toting the rem model seven in 7mm08. I'm tagged out on bucks so I'm gonna grab a handgun out of the safe and maybe pop a doe or two. Thinking about the Glock 40 10 mm or a 44 mag super Blackhawk.
The Ruger gets my vote. Always wanted to shoot a deer with one

Shotgun84

Sadly I'm stuck with my clunky Mossberg 500 hundred with rifled barrel.
I hunt with one on rifle restricted wma quite a bit and those hornady sst's have never let me down out to 200 yards (longest shot I've tried with it) If you haven't already, give em a try sometime. If i hadn't found those i never would've got good enough groups to feel confident shooting at a deer with it

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Ruger 6.5cm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73

44 mag

Do you load your own rounds? If not, what subsonic over the counter ammo have you found works best on deer? Got plans to build a. 300 blackout sbr in the off season and have been wondering what's gonna be the best way to go ammo wise
The best I have found are made by Gorilla it the Silverback 205gr they do really well but you have to make sure of your shot placement. I have pictures of the rounds expanded if I can find them.

My son will be using 150 Winchester supersonic.

philsanchez76

I hunt with one on rifle restricted wma quite a bit and those hornady sst's have never let me down out to 200 yards (longest shot I've tried with it) If you haven't already, give em a try sometime. If i hadn't found those i never would've got good enough groups to feel confident shooting at a deer with it

yes I hunt those restricted wmas too. I use the hornady sst custom lites for reduced recoil In my 12 gauge and get awesome groups too! I'm always just drooling over these beautiful centerfire rifles people are hunting with today while I lug around my 9.5 pound pump shot gun. Haha.

Latest posts