opening morning rifle

Shotgun84

I don't understand suppressed?
I can't speak for anyone else but for me the main reason is to try and keep things a little quieter... most of the places I have to hunt are far enough from roads and houses that it's legal to hunt but still close enough to probably scare the hell out of the folks in said houses early in the morning. In my opinion shooting suppressed does make a considerable difference in how loud the shot is eventhough it's far from being "silenced"
If i had my own property to hunt on i wouldn't worry about it at all.

Omega

I can't speak for anyone else but for me the main reason is to try and keep things a little quieter... most of the places I have to hunt are far enough from roads and houses that it's legal to hunt but still close enough to probably scare the hell out of the folks in said houses early in the morning. In my opinion shooting suppressed does make a considerable difference in how loud the shot is eventhough it's far from being "silenced"
That would be my only reason to hunt with a silencer, but, in certain circumstances, the game, mostly hogs, can't tell what direction the shot came from and will give you a follow on shot. Some deer will as well, sometimes even if not suppressed, but most just hightail it out of there.

Smo

CF69-D5-B9-21-A6-4424-87-E0-D18-C24-D4109-E.jpg

It's just like any other day....

GnashviLLe

Yea I use a silencer for rifle because the property I hunt is in between houses (kind of) close and I don't want to be rude with a loud ring throughout the woods in the morning haha

Omega

I bought my son one we zeroed it at 100 yards he shot at a die at 140 yards and shot her legs off it dropped that much in 40 yards I was not impressed.
The ballistics are like a 30-30, which I only used for a couple seasons back in the 80's because of the same drop issue.

7mm08

How about opening Sunday afternoon sitting on the edge of a chestnut grove communing with the Creator? South wind forced a rethink....

open field .......350y max

REMINGTON 7mmO8, hand loads and doped out.

Attachments

• B22024C8-3A58-4A79-9E89-3CEDE9C5C690.jpeg
    B22024C8-3A58-4A79-9E89-3CEDE9C5C690.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 55

7mm08

If I get to hunt it will be with a Remington in .257 Roberts. Last year I hunted with my 6mm rem and the year prior was with my .264 WM. I really like odd calibers and try not to hunt with the same rifle each year although I really like the .257 and find myself spending more time with it than the others.
Some laser beams!

Latest posts