Opening day gun deer

Mike Belt

I still had the pics you sent but was waiting to see if you'd post them. It's going to be very hard to top that buck ever again. Some day you'll have to tell me where you shot him so I'll know whether I was in the ballpark or not. You didn't by any chance weigh the rack did you? Heck of a buck!

bbuck14

I haven't had him officially scored yet and I wished I'd weighed the rack. I didn't even get a chance to weigh him. I thought TWRA would weigh him at Stu's but they didn't have any scales. I left at 10:00 to check him in and get him processed and it was 4:45 before I got back home. He created quite a crowd of hunters and I wouldn't just leave.

bbuck14

I haven't had him officially scored yet and I wished I'd weighed the rack. I didn't even get a chance to weigh him. I thought TWRA would weigh him at Stu's but they didn't have any scales. I left at 10:00 to check him in and get him processed and it was 4:45 before I got back home. He created quite a crowd of hunters and I wouldn't just leave.

tickweed

What a deer. Would love to have you bring his rack to our deer expo in Jackson on Mar.9th. TWRA will be scoring, and then we will be putting mounts and racks on display that night.A deer of a lifetime !congrats

bbuck14

I may do that. I have several good deer but I never take any of them to be scored. Usually I keep pretty quite about what I kill. Its alot of people out there that would love to get your spot out from under you. I've had it happen a couple of times. So many people saw him after I shot him I thought what the heck. Thanks everyone for the congratulations on the deer.

W.Seay

W.Seay said:
I would have let him walk..... :) what a toad! I saw velvet pics of that buck and thought it was fake!

Actually the "before" picture was the one a guy texted me, congrats on a buck of a lifetime!!!

Latest posts