Open Water Suspended Crappie

Spurhunter

Very nice! I'm having to live vicariously through you guys and the fishing trips. I've only got to go a few times since Arkansas in May. I've worked over 300 hours of over time in just 3 months. That crap seriously cuts into fishing time.
Wow! I was having withdrawals since I hadn't fished in a couple weeks due to overtime!

TiminTN

One of the guys in my fishing group is named Robbie. Probably the same guy. If so, he's the one that got me started crappie fishing seriously 16 years ago.
He was a super nice guy and offered me to come follow them and learn how they do it. I know I'll be speaking to him again soon. I knew when he told me how they fished, I'd never be able to keep up till I re rigged my pole. That guy and a buddy of his went to Arkabutla and caught 2 limits of crappie. That's when I knew he was the real deal.

Spurhunter

He was a super nice guy and offered me to come follow them and learn how they do it. I know I'll be speaking to him again soon. I knew when he told me how they fished, I'd never be able to keep up till I re rigged my pole. That guy and a buddy of his went to Arkabutla and caught 2 limits of crappie. That's when I knew he was the real deal.
He's good and he can catch them in his boat, but his partner is phenomenal. His regular partner is who I fished with yesterday. Rarely does his partner launch the boat and not catch a limit, and if he takes someone it's a double limit. We could've caught a double limit yesterday but it took us a while to find the fish and at 1:15 we decided it was hot and 26 was plenty.

mike243

My fatherinlaw said back in the day they would catch a crappie and tie a line with a balloon on it, that was before any type of fish finder, said it worked well

redblood

Richard gene the fishing machine can catch them using 100 dollar Walmart fish finder.
Most amazing thing i have seen. No livescope, no side scan, no spot lock, in an old aluminum boat he redid.

Watched a fancy group of youngish crappie assassins. Looked like a group of yuppies you would find on a country club golf course. 80k boat, livescope plus front and back, boat had powerpoles, crappie brakes you name it. Even had matching shirts. They were fishing guntersville. Caught about a dozen keeper crappie between em.

Very next video was richard gene also fishing guntersville with his 5k boat. Rambling about elmo and mama sue, caught a limit of 13 inchers in about 2 hours.

Ole Richard was a man born to catch fish. He has an unnatural gift

Spurhunter

Richard gene the fishing machine can catch them using 100 dollar Walmart fish finder.
I can kill deer with my old black powder rifle and iron sights, but when TWRA said I could use any weapon starting the first Saturday in November rest assured I'm going to pull out the Bergara 6.5cm with a Zeiss scope. 😄

Latest posts