Open Water Suspended Crappie

Spurhunter

Went with one of my fishing buddies today in his boat. He hates fishing trees, brushpiles, etc, but he loves sniping open water suspended fish, so that's what we did. We quit at 1:15 with 26.

20230713_172136.jpg

bluball

Went with one of my fishing buddies today in his boat. He hates fishing trees, brushpiles, etc, but he loves sniping open water suspended fish, so that's what we did. We quit at 1:15 with 26.

View attachment 185661
Nice,i could use a day of that and a blackened prime ribat the enid depot.A buddy has been trying to get me to come down and go fishing with him.He has a camper down there thats usually at grenada but hes been moving it around some.Hecwas at butla the last 2 week you could put a boat in there.Then he moved it to enid at wallace creek and now hes back at grenada.He sends me pics every week trying to get me to come fish with him

bluball

Oh and if you havent tried the enid depot you need to go.You got to have reservations i believe though.They usually have a prime rib special and dont advertise they can blacken it,you have to ask for it blackened.It was the best prime rib i have ever ate.My buddy and his family ate there 2 weeks ago and said it was awsome as usual.

Spurhunter

Oh and if you havent tried the enid depot you need to go.You got to have reservations i believe though.They usually have a prime rib special and dont advertise they can blacken it,you have to ask for it blackened.It was the best prime rib i have ever ate.My buddy and his family ate there 2 weeks ago and said it was awsome as usual.
Never heard of it, but I will be trying it now!

Spurhunter

Man thats awesome. How do you find them? Side imaging? Down imaging? Livescope?
Some guys use side imaging. I typically use 2D sonar. Some of the guys I fish with have been fishing the lake for 50+ years, so I know places to look depending on the time of year. I just go to those areas and idle around until I find them. I usually can't tell the size until I start looking at them with the scope.

Latest posts