Old Man Winter, I have had enough

Pilchard

Buzzard Breath, that sounds like a great trip!!!

If you ever want to do this stateside, a good buddy of mine guides for bonefish and permit out of Miami/Biscayne Bay.

Not the numbers you see in the Abacos or Belize but the fish are big. Average is about 6lbs and you're normally getting a dozen shots per day or more. All single fish or small groups, not massive schools, so your casting game needs to be on point.

Last time I went with him which was 2015 or 2016, I think we caught four bones, a permit and jumped a few poons.

3F6A5ACD-A192-4779-B36C-C5ADFA0A2403.jpeg

Setterman

I kind of wish I'd spent some more time enjoying the place. I met my guide (Kech) on the dock each morning at 6:00, so breakfast was a burrito the kitchen brought out to me, and lunch was a chicken salad wrap. We were always one of the last groups back, so I had enough time to get cleaned up, grab a beer at the bar, visit for a little with the other fishermen, eat supper and go to bed. Supper was always fantastic. I was there to fish, and that I did.
I don't travel to fishing lodges to make friends. I always go alone, as I'm selfish and want all the shots. I find other anglers at destinations exhausting, most are blowhards. I'm not a jerk, just kind of a loner. Saltwater destination trips are an unbelievable experience. It makes me sad more people choose to go to the gulf coast, the keys, or other Florida locations rather than go a little farther and see really remarkable ecosystems and unreal fisheries

Pilchard

I don't travel to fishing lodges to make friends. I always go alone, as I'm selfish and want all the shots. I find other anglers at destinations exhausting, most are blowhards. I'm not a jerk, just kind of a loner. Saltwater destination trips are an unbelievable experience. It makes me sad more people choose to go to the gulf coast, the keys, or other Florida locations rather than go a little farther and see really remarkable ecosystems and unreal fisheries
Agreed that these out-of-country destinations are well worth the trip and not much more expensive.

I was lucky to spend my entire life up until recently in SWFL with some of the best tarpon fishing anywhere right in my back yard. A little under 2 hours away were the Everglades, a short drive longer and I was in Biscayne Bay. With friends in most locations across the state, I could crash on a couch and my trips were very inexpensive and frequent.

Setterman

Agreed that these out-of-country destinations are well worth the trip and not much more expensive.

I was lucky to spend my entire life up until recently in SWFL with some of the best tarpon fishing anywhere right in my back yard. A little under 2 hours away were the Everglades, a short drive longer and I was in Biscayne Bay. With friends in most locations across the state, I could crash on a couch and my trips were very inexpensive and frequent.
Unbelievable part of the fishing world you lived in. So much to do in a relatively small area. The tarpon fishing there is the best I've seen. Sure there may be places with more but nothing compares to sight casting to them on the flats