Old Man Winter, I have had enough

Buzzard Breath

20220131_184824.jpg

20220205_105138.jpg

20220201_151119.jpg

20220202_191350.jpg

Buzzard Breath

Looks awesome. Please tell me that dry bag & fly case were all you took so I can show my wife she doesn't need 2 tons of stuff for one night away from home.
:D

It was. I had my fishing stuff and extra clothes as padding in the case. Then personal items and electronics in the dry bag. It was nice not having to worry about a checked bag.

Buzzard Breath

Hey BB,
Quick question. Anybody mention the cardiologist that got murdered down there about 2 years ago while bonefishing with a guide. Both shot.

They did. Keep in mind, that this is all second hand hearsay because none of it is proven and no-one was arrested.

Supposedly the guide was having a relationship with a younger woman. This woman had a boyfriend the guide didn't know about and they'd both been in lots of trouble with the law in the past. The rumor is that the boyfriend's gang members killed the guide and his client with the intent that the woman was going to get his possessions. Then the boyfriend was going to take over guiding. The cardiologist just happened to be on the boat when this all happened.

It seems pretty far fetched, but when being a fishing guide puts you into the upper class in a poor country, it may have some merit.

Buzzard Breath

Looks awesome, and I am jealous. Always enjoyed fishing Belize, and El Pescador is a nice operation
I kind of wish I'd spent some more time enjoying the place. I met my guide (Kech) on the dock each morning at 6:00, so breakfast was a burrito the kitchen brought out to me, and lunch was a chicken salad wrap. We were always one of the last groups back, so I had enough time to get cleaned up, grab a beer at the bar, visit for a little with the other fishermen, eat supper and go to bed. Supper was always fantastic. I was there to fish, and that I did.

Latest posts