Man, we lost another young man on old hickory.

Crow Terminator

The article says he was in a small boat. It doesn't take going fast to throw you out of a small boat. The 14 foot jon boat I had...if two people were in it, you needed to let one another know when one or the other was going to move...cause it would dump you out if you weren't prepared for it. Even in the boat I have now...I've had yacht and surf boat wakes make it rough on me WHILE NOT EVEN MOVING. I've had to get down in the middle of the boat to ride them out.

brassmagnet

Also saw another in Paris ky lake

I've fished KY Lake- TN River for years, it can turn really
mean really fast and quick. Life jackets are not an option, they are a necessity. Lost several good ones because they were stubborn and "I don't need a jacket to fish".
I quit running trot-lines on the weekends because of tournament events and people running wide open staring at the GPS and no idea or don't care about the fact that there are other people on the water. Too many close calls! It's spooky hearing them blast off and coming straight at you in the early morning fog at 60 or 70 mph staring at the screen and when they barely miss you, they wave as if to say, "We have a tournament, you shouldn't be here"! Oh, and then go between you and the bank on the skinny side. Every. Single. Time.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
Id say getting thrown out of a boat when hitting a wake is pretty indicative of excessive speed. Wouldnt you?
Not necessarily. When i had my z20 i had wake boats swamp my boat while i was just sitting there. Literally would have to sit down when you saw it coming. These wake boats nowadays are twice the size as they used to be , rolling out wake 5 times what the old school ski boats were capable of.

FLTENNHUNTER1

"Timothy added that from now on, whenever he is boating, he will be wearing his life jacket – even when going slow, he says if the boat's motor is on, his life jacket will be on, too"

Should have PFD on at all times when in the boat…

Latest posts