Old Man Stands

Mike Belt

I called today to order me a new Old Man stand and was told they haven't received their new inventory yet because they were all tied up in customs. Dang I didn't know they had shipped everything overseas as well. Traitors.

A

Anonymous

do what theyve outsourced , i have 2 and love em. Cant believe theyve stooped that low. Have you ever had your tubes squeek if whats the remedy

cole

the tubes on mine sqeek bad!!! it's not that big a deal if your gun hunting, but bow hunting its horrible. that's the only compliant i have out of mine...how do i fix that?

Soddy

I think Ol'Man was bought out or at least reorganized a few years ago. They basically went out of business because of some recalls and a lengthy lawsuit. That is most likely the reason for the overseas manufacturing. I own an Ol'Man from the old company and like it fine, but I would not buy a new one. If I could, I wouldn't buy one damn thing from China, but everything is made there, now.

A

Anonymous

so are toyotas but they are the best, lets face it most things are made overseas , all the greedy Big manufacturing companies chose to go overseas for cheaper labor and more profits. The rich are greedy and they prove it everyday.

megalomaniac

Ol man (used to be made here in my hometown) went under supposedly because of piss poor management. Another company (??gorilla??) bought out the patents to keep producing them.

My elk hunting buddy has a friend with over a hundred of the originals in his garage. He told me he could get me 5 of the Tara lock ons for $25 each. The climbers I could have for $40. I told him I wanted at least 10 at that price. We'll see if he comes through.

osduck5

I have a grand ol man and love it. I would like to find a new set of straps for it since these are getting old. Mine sqeaks too! Think I will try the veggie oil.

ghosthunter

I have two ol'mans with the foot rest and have never had a prob. with sqeeking. Maybe you are using too small a tree. Just a thought. I do think they are the best climbing stands, but they are heavy.

BZ911

Are the hang on stands the ones with the carbon composite bases?The tara locon is a fine hang on stand.. I just sold three for $80 each...I take 3 more. I saw one go early in the season on ebay for $120..