Old man scores!

Plateau Hunter

Got a nice one this am, haven't killed one in 3-4 years since turkey numbers plummeted…had a few close encounters but none rode home in the truck…a classic textbook call-in with my family heirloom box call, which even makes me dangerous to a turkey…beautiful beautiful morning besides the kill…set up at 7:30 with him gobbling about 250-300 yards away …got behind a 4' diameter poplar between me and him…we started texting, he really started hammering then…he didn't want to come at first…then his gobble was a bit closer…I put the call down when he gobbled at about 100 yds…next gobble blew my hat off and I could hear the drumming…he was right on other side of poplar…say 20 yards back…he started edging to my right and then I saw him clear the edge of the poplar and stop…his head was behind a tree…perfect…raised gun …he stepped a couple more feet, clear shot to head and neck…💥…drt…praise the Lord for his bounty and beautiful woods…Mossberg 940 Pro Tactical…Holosun green circle…Federal TSS #9…about 22-25 yards, Patternmaster turkey choke, 10" beard, 3/4" spurs, estimated 20, maybe 22#…yeah man!..didn't find a single pellet in breasts…and he rode home in a Chevy!😁

Attachments

• IMG_1388.jpeg
    IMG_1388.jpeg
    591.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1371.jpeg
    IMG_1371.jpeg
    700.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1381.jpeg
    IMG_1381.jpeg
    546.6 KB · Views: 3

Kevin Snook

Got a nice one this am, haven't killed one in 3-4 years since turkey numbers plummeted…had a few close encounters but none rode home in the truck…a classic textbook call-in with my family heirloom box call, which even makes me dangerous to a turkey…beautiful beautiful morning besides the kill…set up at 7:30 with him gobbling about 250-300 yards away …got behind a 4' diameter poplar between me and him…we started texting, he really started hammering then…he didn't want to come at first…then his gobble was a bit closer…I put the call down when he gobbled at about 100 yds…next gobble blew my hat off and I could hear the drumming…he was right on other side of poplar…say 20 yards back…he started edging to my right and then I saw him clear the edge of the poplar and stop…his head was behind a tree…perfect…raised gun …he stepped a couple more feet, clear shot to head and neck…💥…drt…praise the Lord for his bounty and beautiful woods…Mossberg 940 Pro Tactical…Holosun green circle…Federal TSS #9…about 22-25 yards, Patternmaster turkey choke, 10" beard, 3/4" spurs, estimated 20, maybe 22#…yeah man!..didn't find a single pellet in breasts…and he rode home in a Chevy!😁
Nice! Good looking box call..

Plateau Hunter

Nice! Good looking box call..
Yeah it is an awesome call with special sentiment, wood came from my grandparents place…I cut the walnut over 40 years ago from a lightning struck tree, the poplar box is from an old growth poplar cut in 1920! in the Pound Gulf by the Sam Werner lumber company…my grandaddy had several thick boards in his shop as heavy duty shelving…call was made by Albert Paul…I'm not a super turkey hunter nor caller, but even I have called a bunch of gobblers to their demise with this box…evidently it says 'me love you long time' really well in gobbler speak lol🤣🤣🤣

Kevin Snook

Yeah it is an awesome call with special sentiment, wood came from my grandparents place…I cut the walnut over 40 years ago from a lightning struck tree, the poplar box is from an old growth poplar cut in 1920! in the Pound Gulf by the Sam Werner lumber company…my grandaddy had several thick boards in his shop as heavy duty shelving…call was made by Albert Paul…I'm not a super turkey hunter nor caller, but even I have called a bunch of gobblers to their demise with this box…evidently it says 'me love you long time' really well in gobbler speak lol🤣🤣🤣
Wow!! The call is priceless.. The history makes the story that much better.. I hope that you get many more with it.

Latest posts