Old Hickory Lake Bowmen Club 2016 Schedule

fasteddie

tree_ghost":24t6v7wh said:
From what I understand the outlaw class will be best suited for a modern hunting setup... The bottom line is 90% of bows in the woods these days shoot 300fps or more...that exceeds the regs in the other classes I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty much that's the point of the outlaw class. Not everyone has the luxury of having 2+ bows with different setups or the time to go have their bow turned down and retuned to meet the requirements of ASA classes. That keeps some people from shooting and participating. Offering the outlaw class gives everyone the opportunity to shoot for a trophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNReb

I've never shot any sort of tournament or 3d stuff.

If I just wanted to shoot for the heck of it with my hunting rig, could I? What "class" would I be in (I don't care diddly about competing for a trophy - I know I'm not that good)? HHA (movable) site and no clue what the actual FPS is off the top of my head but I think it's a little over the 280 mark.

TNDeerGuy

TNReb":1eh25398 said:
I've never shot any sort of tournament or 3d stuff.

If I just wanted to shoot for the heck of it with my hunting rig, could I? What "class" would I be in (I don't care diddly about competing for a trophy - I know I'm not that good)? HHA (movable) site and no clue what the actual FPS is off the top of my head but I think it's a little over the 280 mark.

Josh, just come and shoot for fun--you don't have to be in a competition class if you don't want to be. From what you listed, you would be best suited for the Bow Outlaw class.

Many, well most of us, realize that we will never be Pro level archers. However, by competing it gives us feedback and a gauge as to how we're progressing as far as being an archer. Plus, it is as much a social network as it is anything--another reason why we do it. For both those reasons it will make you better well-rounded archer and you will pick up and learn tricks and tips you couldn't imagine and meet some of the nicest people ever.

Latest posts