Old Hickory Lake Bowmen Club 2016 Schedule

fasteddie

Hello everyone. I hope everyone had a great deer season. We are pleased to announce our 2016 Tournament schedule.

Jan 24th 25 Targets
Feb 21st 25 Targets
Mar 19th(Sat) 25 Targets
Apr 23rd-24th (Sat & Sun) (State Qualifier) 30 Targets
May 7th (1st Annual Team Shoot)
May 28th-29th (Sat & Sun) 30 Targets
Jun 19th 25 Targets
Jul 31st 25 Targets
Aug 21st (All Deer Shoot) 20 Targets

As always, we offer all ASA classes and scoring ,as well as a fun class for those who are just out to have fun and do not wish to compete. New for 2016 we are offering an Outlaw class. The Outlaw class is a 40-yard class with similar rules to the Hunter class. There is no speed limit in the Outlaw class. Arrows tipped with screw in field tips are required. Also moveable sights are permitted in Outlaw class so all you hunters with HHA sights its time to win a trophy.

Our May 7th shoot is our 1st annual team shoot. Sign-up for the team shoot starts at 12:30pm on May 7th with a shotgun start at 1pm. Teams will be drawn in 2-3 shooter teams depending on the number of entries The rules will be slightly different for the team shoot as 14 rings will be in play on some targets and some rings may even be a bit colorful.

The January and February shoots are 8am-2pm start time with all scorecards due in by 4pm. Be sure and give yourself plenty of time in case it is a busy afternoon.
The March-August shoots are 8am-2:30pm start time with all scorecards due in by 5pm.

25/30 Target shoots Trophy Classes $15, Money Class $25(60% Payback), Fun Class $12
20 Target shoots Trophy Classes $12, Money Class $20(60% Payback), Fun Class $10

Groups will be busted for the qualifier.
Fees for the ASA Qualifier are between $10 and $20 depending on the age and class.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone this season. Don't let the cold weather keep you away for the early season shoots. We will have a fire going.

TNDeerGuy

For all of you that do not shoot tournaments, or have tournament style bows setup this is your chance to use your hunting setup--with this new class we have started to draw others to experience the blast that is 3D!!!!!!! Hope to see you all out there!!!

Pinwheeled

TNDeerGuy":2wv429kn said:
For all of you that do not shoot tournaments, or have tournament style bows setup this is your chance to use your hunting setup--with this new class we have started to draw others to experience the blast that is 3D!!!!!!! Hope to see you all out there!!!

Cool idea on the outlaw class. Sidebars allowed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNDeerGuy

Pinwheeled":3tgfg0b7 said:
TNDeerGuy":3tgfg0b7 said:

Yes, but it we can't show up with 30" front bars and dual 14" back bars—that kind of defeats the purpose and the idea behind the addition of this special class. Basically, the rules are going to be exactly like the Hunter and fixed pin classes with a couple of minor exceptions. The only exception is no speed limit, no sight restrictions and you have to use screw in points. The idea behind all of this is, there is a large segment of regular hunters/archers that may have thought about coming out and shooting a tournament, but do not have the setup for it because of the speed limit and because of that they choose not to come. This will allow them to bring out whatever they hunt with.

Here are the rules of the Bowhunter Outlaw Class:
Half Known and Half-Unknown distances
Must use screw in points
No speed limit
No restriction on the type of sight (fixed pins and adjustable are both allowed)
Magnification Lens are allowed
Front stabilizer may not exceed twelve inches in total length from the tip of the stabilizer to the point of attachment on the front of the riser provided by the manufacturer. The rear stabilizer is not to extend further than six inches past a point measured from the back of the riser below the grip toward the strings.

Hope this clears up any questions and encourages more of you to come out and experience this! It truly is some of the best fun you will have and for the price you absolutely cannot beat it!!!!

UTGrad

TNDeerGuy":36l2dky0 said:
Pinwheeled":36l2dky0 said:
TNDeerGuy":36l2dky0 said:

Yes, but it we can't show up with 30" front bars and dual 14" back bars—that kind of defeats the purpose and the idea behind the addition of this special class. Basically, the rules are going to be exactly like the Hunter and fixed pin classes with a couple of minor exceptions. The only exception is no speed limit, no sight restrictions and you have to use screw in points. The idea behind all of this is, there is a large segment of regular hunters/archers that may have thought about coming out and shooting a tournament, but do not have the setup for it because of the speed limit and because of that they choose not to come. This will allow them to bring out whatever they hunt with.

Here are the rules of the Bowhunter Outlaw Class:
Half Known and Half-Unknown distances
Must use screw in points
No speed limit
No restriction on the type of sight (fixed pins and adjustable are both allowed)
Magnification Lens are allowed
Front stabilizer may not exceed twelve inches in total length from the tip of the stabilizer to the point of attachment on the front of the riser provided by the manufacturer. The rear stabilizer is not to extend further than six inches past a point measured from the back of the riser below the grip toward the strings.

Hope this clears up any questions and encourages more of you to come out and experience this! It truly is some of the best fun you will have and for the price you absolutely cannot beat it!!!!

Well crud my hunting stab is a 12" front 10" back so I guess I won't be no Outlaw [emoji3]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452903097.753175.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452903097.753175.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 4,263

TNDeerGuy

Just lower the angle of the bar down more to where it doesn't go past the string. That's what I did, I prefer it up a little higher myself. I had to play with the weight distribution a bit, but it worked out. I've sold my competition bow and will have to shoot this until my new one gets here in late March or early April.

UTGrad

TNDeerGuy":muxphpsb said:
Just lower the angle of the bar down more to where it doesn't go past the string. That's what I did, I prefer it up a little higher myself. I had to play with the weight distribution a bit, but it worked out. I've sold my competition bow and will have to shoot this until my new one gets here in late March or early April.

I'll still come out and shoot just might do fun class. I'm shooting 295 fps so are there any open or Known classes I can shoot?

I spent a few weeks last summer getting the weight and angles just how I like them. I don't want to make any changes.

TNDeerGuy

UTGrad":2ct4ybki said:
TNDeerGuy":2ct4ybki said:

I'll still come out and shoot just might do fun class. I'm shooting 295 fps so are there any open or Known classes I can shoot?

I spent a few weeks last summer getting the weight and angles just how I like them. I don't want to make any changes.

We will always have something. ;)

tree_ghost

Dude I am pumped about this outlaw class!!! This is exactly what I've been waiting for. Are the outlaw shoots 20 or 25 target?

fasteddie

UTGrad":3m3gf94h said:
TNDeerGuy":3m3gf94h said:

295 is pushing it for any class other than outlaw but the limit for Open A, Open B, K50, and K45 is 290fps w/a 3% fudge factor. If you want to risk it you can go for it. If you throw the angle downward on that back bar and yu will be good to go. Ill show you how its measured when I get those strings whipped together.

fasteddie

tree_ghost":2xnxeno0 said:
Dude I am pumped about this outlaw class!!! This is exactly what I've been waiting for. Are the outlaw shoots 20 or 25 target?

The All Deer Shoot at the end of the year is only 20 targets b/c we only have 20 deer family targets but the rest will always be 25+ if I have any say in it.

UTGrad

fasteddie":3rh5m6c0 said:
UTGrad":3rh5m6c0 said:
TNDeerGuy":3rh5m6c0 said:

295 is pushing it for any class other than outlaw but the limit for Open A, Open B, K50, and K45 is 290fps w/a 3% fudge factor. If you want to risk it you can go for it. If you throw the angle downward on that back bar and yu will be good to go. Ill show you how its measured when I get those strings whipped together.

Thanks Matt!!

tree_ghost

From what I understand the outlaw class will be best suited for a modern hunting setup... The bottom line is 90% of bows in the woods these days shoot 300fps or more...that exceeds the regs in the other classes I believe

Latest posts