Oil Question

buckhorn40

I have a 2005 Honda Foreman. It only has about 90 hours on it. It has always had Honda oil in it. We do not have a Honda dealership is Crossville anymore, not even one in Cookeville. I hate ordering oil online. Just wondering what you guys change your oil with if not using factory oil. I was thinking about going synthetic, but really do not ride my four wheeler hard at all. Hauling deer is about all its used for.

Rob R.

As long as the oil your using meets the API standard set for your machine I would think you would be fine. I've got a 1998 Foreman that I purchased new. I don't think I've ever used Honda oil in it. (Well maybe for the first oil change. I think I felt like I had been raped!) Kidding aside, I do use the proper viscosity and API, just don't use Honda oil. Just look at you owners manual and it will tell you if you don't already know. I cant help you with the synthetic oils as I have never used them.

mike243

nothing but honda in mine,it dosent have any thing in it that will tear up the transmission. my trans is a auto but a Manuel trans might not be harmed, i paid too much to ruin mine trying to save a little bit. a car parts place may be able to get it for you without a xtra charge

Wildcat

If you do use other brands make sure they do not have any molybdenum additives added. My Honda Owners Manual recommends staying with Honda oil.

In the Honda Foreman the oil is ALSO the TRANSMISSION FLUID. Honda oil is MADE to work as BOTH.

You pour it in one place and it goes into BOTH the oil pan and the trans.

Andy S.

I've always used Honda, but I've talked with some diehard Honda riders here lately and they all either use Castrol or Mobil 1 "4T" 10w-40 synthetic oil. I've researched it online on honda foreman forums and many echo they use the same thing. Some go as far as to say their bike/ATV idles and shifts smoother since making the change.

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-10 ... ./16767829

http://m.advanceautoparts.com/mt/shop.a ... 99997734-P

Furthermore, you can buy filters on eBay and other online sites. I'd buy 3 at a time so I'd be covered for several years. My .02

bandit3

I have a 2006 foreman s I bought new. I've always ran Castrol ATV 10w40 in mine. Its for the crankcase and transmission. I use mine mostly as a deer hauler too so it has less than 100 hours on it. I change the oil, filter, and plug once a year.

Latest posts