Ohio hunting

Ski

This thread was going on shortly after we returned from deployment when we were all making plans to get up there and hunt. Sadly, it never panned out.

Well if you ever feel the urge to try again, I'd be happy to show you around if I'm in town. Can't guarantee you'll find a giant but I can point you in direction of some places to begin your search. Unfortunately Vinton County where this deer supposedly roamed is getting hammered with EHD. The reports are staggering.

batten_down

Well if you ever feel the urge to try again, I'd be happy to show you around if I'm in town. Can't guarantee you'll find a giant but I can point you in direction of some places to begin your search. Unfortunately Vinton County where this deer supposedly roamed is getting hammered with EHD. The reports are staggering.
That's very nice. Thank you. I have been up there a handful of times, just never hunted it. It's pretty country. I drove through two different sections of Wayne forest. (One I believe, was pretty close to your stomping grounds) and another piece of public out toward Adams County. I'll make it up there one day. And I'll give you a shout.

DIRTTRAX

I was under the impression it was a fair chase deer and he made claims to have it on camera 20 miles from where the other residents of Chillicothe had pictures
He (chad) turned out to be the the other screen names that was posting the deer also. It was all a long ongoing fraud to build up to killing a world record. The deer was actually on triple d ranch which was close to his house.

Ski

He (chad) turned out to be the the other screen names that was posting the deer also. It was all a long ongoing fraud to build up to killing a world record. The deer was actually on triple d ranch which was close to his house.

That's so bizarre. I can't believe I never heard any of this. I vaguely remember the buzz at the time but that's before it turned into the circus.

DIRTTRAX

That's so bizarre. I can't believe I never heard any of this. I vaguely remember the buzz at the time but that's before it turned into the circus.
The more you read the crazier it gets lol add speculation on top of facts and its real crazy.

CrossVolle

Lease 1000 acres in southern Ohio. Much MUCH different than hunting East Tennessee to me. Much more target rich environment, and the rut is just so pronounced up there. A buck behind almost every doe. Just a matter if you want to wrap your tag around it. I will never stop hunting up there. You have the chance to shoot a big one pretty much every year if you play your cards right.

BigDuhg

Looking forward to my first time to hunt up there this season. Lived a little N. of Columbus for 13 years while I was young then moved down here. Got into hunting a few years back and realized I used a to live in the mother land ha.

Latest posts