OH COME ON!!!

970DF404-0CFF-4CD4-9443-78509094CF63.jpeg

This is getting ridiculous! Am I ever going to get to plant my tomatoes? 🤔🤨🥴🤪😆

JCDEERMAN

Used to be, I always planted my garden on "tax day" at April 15th or so and was always good. Last few years I would have been screwed if I had done so. All in all, we can control when our gardens are planted - what we can't control are all the blooms out creating acorns and fruit.

I think we'll be fine with this one though. Just a frost

Carlos

Put out 50 mater plants last week. They will be covered for this cold snap and should be fine.
I planted some around this time of year awhile back. People said cover them, I set buckets over them all. Removed the buckets and they were covered with a heavy frost, they all died from it.

You may have better luck though.

chris1976

I planted some around this time of year awhile back. People said cover them, I set buckets over them all. Removed the buckets and they were covered with a heavy frost, they all died from it.

You may have better luck though.
I have never had a covered plant get heavy frost. But I always cover with something breathable like burlap or clear plastic totes with ventilation holes drilled into it. A solid bucket can trap moisture and freeze. But usually anything above 30 is no trouble.

Carlos

I have never had a covered plant get heavy frost. But I always cover with something breathable like burlap or clear plastic totes with ventilation holes drilled into it. A solid bucket can trap moisture and freeze. But usually anything above 30 is no trouble.
I think it went down to 29 that night, best I can remember.

GOHUNT

I've seen frost on May 14th….but you can watch the forecast and usually get'em in the ground well before that. I will set maybe 12 or so this week…no more than I can keep covered on cold nights with buckets. Then, plant the other 40-50 as the forecast allows.

Latest posts