Flowers on TV

DaveB

Gotta brag---local ABC Weatherlady has a bit where she shows garden results from local viewers.

I took some pics of my Wife's efforts and submitted them---going to be on tonight's 6:00 PM newscast channel 7 Local 24 news.

This is from back when the Lily's were in bloom.

Sample of what the TV got-Ones for TV are quite a bit nicer

Attachments

• SAM_0055.JPG
    SAM_0055.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 588
  • SAM_2192.JPG
    SAM_2192.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 587
  • SAM_0008.JPG
    SAM_0008.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 584

DaveB

I have an eastern exposure and my in ground lilies do wonderful there.

The back patio gets very little sunlight and they do well there, also. The difference is physical size of plant and blossom. IMO lilies do not do well in containers. Yes they bloom but not as prolific and not as large.

This plant is 5'6" tall and had around ten flowers. Eastern exposure zero morning shade

smaller in stature but the colors are striking same exposure 20 feet south

These are directly adjacent to the first picture and are first year flowers.

I fertilize with Miracle-gro year around-I do not need growing plants to fertilize. In early spring I use 13-13-13. The soil has been planted for 20+ years and it is rich and drains really well.

Attachments

• SAM_1840_zpsq0osmb0l.jpg
    SAM_1840_zpsq0osmb0l.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 241
  • SAM_2191.JPG
    SAM_2191.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 246
  • SAM_2193.JPG
    SAM_2193.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 241

sapmkjikun

Honestly, these lilies look just fabulous. Your wife has put a lot of work into these flowers, it's obvious. Besides, your lilies will be shown on TV, it's very cool.
I also have several bushes of beautiful pink rhododendrons. After seeing the promo code for a discount on troopscout.com, I decided to order a few more purple rhododendron bushes. So gradually I will fill my beautiful garden. By the way, these flowers do not require special care, but they look simply fascinating during the flowering period. The aroma is indescribable. To be honest, I also want to plant lilies, but I'm not sure if the climate is suitable. Besides, the side is sunny.

Last edited:

DaveB

We lost the pictured strawberry lily-It was by far the largest I have ever seen and the blossoms were exceptional in their beauty. Plant was probably 15 years old.

Wife planted some at my Daughter's home in Oakland. This is 3rd year.....several have attained a height of nearly 6 feet. Pictures coming.

Fertilizer and drained soil. They love liquid miracle-gro

Latest posts