Obion River WMA

Tanner99

Is the Obion river wma any good? I want to make a weekend trip out there with some buddies and was wondering if it would be worth it. I understand that I won't have thousands of ducks dropping into our hole from the heavens, but nearly anything has to be better than the waterfowler's hell that I live in known as southern middle TN

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
This is gonna sound stupid but it is what it is.
When there are ducks it is pretty good.
When the skies are empty it sucks.
The resident ducks will get up in the morning and go from refuge to refuge and you can get a few of them at times.
About 10 or 11 in the morning they will get up and stretch their legs.
Then if you are lucky you will get a third shot right before closing time.

Shoot me a pm as to a specific area you are thinking of going and I will see if that is where any "good" spots are that I know of.

Oh and when the river gets out that changes everything.
Many times it makes the hunting better, specifically just outside of the borders of a certain wma.

Tanner99

This is gonna sound stupid but it is what it is.
When there are ducks it is pretty good.
When the skies are empty it sucks.
The resident ducks will get up in the morning and go from refuge to refuge and you can get a few of them at times.
About 10 or 11 in the morning they will get up and stretch their legs.
Then if you are lucky you will get a third shot right before closing time.

Shoot me a pm as to a specific area you are thinking of going and I will see if that is where any "good" spots are that I know of.

Oh and when the river gets out that changes everything.
Many times it makes the hunting better, specifically just outside of the borders of a certain wma.
so does the river flood into the timber? I have lived in Tennessee my entire life and have never been to west TN so I have never been out that way and looked at any of these areas.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
so does the river flood into the timber? I have lived in Tennessee my entire life and have never been to west TN so I have never been out that way and looked at any of these areas.
When it gets out, yes it will.
I'm gonna send you a pm.
The little envelope in the top right corner of your screen will have a red 1 on it when you get it.
Click on that. :)

Latest posts