3 rivers wma youth hunt

Funkmaster fletch

I am bringing three kids to W tn for the second youth hunting day on Feb. 10th. Any helpful tips on how to hunt pool 4 at 3 rivers would be greatly appreciated.

Will be my first time getting out to W. tn to check out the area, typically hunt the family swamp in W. okl but drought has made for a tough year out west.

Waders needed for kids to get them where birds typically want to be?

ATV helpful and allowed?

Best place to park trucks so dont mess with other groups hunting another pool?

Best hotel option/ dinner option in union city?

Again thanks for any info to a newcomer. Hope ya'll bang on em good this weekend!!

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Haven't been there since the commission took the area away from everyone that actually hunted it.

Before that it wasn't capable of holding water. When it flooded those 3-4 days before the water fell out it could be phenomenal if there were any ducks in the area.

We always just parked by the silos and hunted wherever there wasn't anyone else.

Never seen it shallow enough to Wade.

Don't know if they have spots marked but if they do that is where you are required to hunt.
Again I haven't been there so I really don't know.

Good luck.

Stlbaseball1

The pools are on the East side of Hwy 45. Water level is dependent on whether or not river is out. I've never hunted there but not many places to hide nor a good way to stay warm. I hope the weather is advantageous for the kids and good luck!
Several newer hotels in Union City. I'd go with one of those and you can never go wrong with kids and Mexican food - Los Portales or Patio Grill are my favorites.

There is 2 new hotels by Discovery Park a Sleep Inn/Main Stay and a Holiday Inn. There is also a new Hampton Inn that is on E Reelfoot Ave. I don't know about cost but I've had some people stay at the Country Hearth Inn. It isn't the new fancy place but is well kept around and a smaller hotel. It would be a cheaper cost I figure and I personally would stay there from what I've heard. Just throwing that out there if cost could be a factor. I wouldn't hesitate staying in any of the others as they will have more parking and would probably be alittle fancier. As far as food either one of the Mexican places mentioned above would be good. If I wanted a good steak I would make a trip to Hubs in Hickman,Ky The Lean to in South Fulton or Blue Oak in Martin.

Latest posts