Duck River Wildlife refuge

volboy

Rode thru ther this afternoon and it was about the same as Tuesday as ducks and geese fly but none on ground but did see about a dozen deer. Also at the beginning by where lot of people bow fish from the bank, there is this blind set up beside the big tree. Anyone know what this is for? I didn't think there is any hunting down there allowed.

Attachments

• 20221229_194724.jpg
    20221229_194724.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 57

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
Rode thru ther this afternoon and it was about the same as Tuesday as ducks and geese fly but none on ground but did see about a dozen deer. Also at the beginning by where lot of people bow fish from the bank, there is this blind set up beside the big tree. Anyone know what this is for? I didn't think there is any hunting down there allowed.
Thanks for the update. I wonder how long the road will be blocked.?? We usually go out there and look for eagles every year, but see most of them further back.

volboy

I havent heard how long it will be closed. I will try to ask when down there again in a few days.. We usually see eagles on the right, past the new "blind or tent" in the group of trees about 300 yds off the road. Then just before the 1st road on left they fly around that field and in trees down that road at the bend . Then past where the road is closed along both side of the road in the long straight stretch. Also on the left in that straight stretch just over halfway there is a nest where you can usually see at least one in the nest in January and February with the little ones.

On a few occasions I have seen a couple Golden eagles there as well. Saw 2 last year. think I saw one today. Also saw 2 adult balds today

Latest posts