Mississippi river

Spurhunter

yellalinehunter

tickweed

In court, you dont have to anchor, or touch bottom to be trespassing. Picture this, you are walking down sidewalk, jewelry store window is broken out. You reach in, steal a ring. The second your arm breaks that imaginary barrier, you are trespassing. Same applys on water. Enter a federal refuge in a boat, during duck season, on water. Cross the property line, dont touch anything. You will find out quick about trespassing. Lol. As for huntin the Mississippi, l did for yrs. Had some big days. All about water level, duks staging. Ran a 1760 with a sixty tiller. 2 ft sides. The Mississippi is very unforgiving. You need to know area well, at all stages. Dikes are very dangerous. Especially with a foot of water over them. When l hunted it, no cell phones. At least now, you can have a phone.

Last edited:

mike243

The great lakes are another place that isn't for beginners, the power of both can kill ya quick. I have no urge to hit any of the big rivers

Iglow

I've been reading about the levees and all and after seeing the river that time it seems we are just kidding ourselves thinking we are gonna control/ conquer that river. We've been fooling with it for about 100 years, I guess when it gets tired of the levees and control structures it's just gonna push them out of the way and go back to normal.

Spurhunter

In court, you dont have to anchor, or touch bottom to be trespassing. Picture this, you are walking down sidewalk, jewelry store window is broken out. You reach in, steal a ring. The second your arm breaks that imaginary barrier, you are trespassing. Same applys on water. Enter a federal refuge in a boat, during duck season, on water. Cross the property line, dont touch anything. You will find out quick about trespassing. Lol. As for huntin the Mississippi, l did for yrs. Had some big days. All about water level, duks staging. Ran a 1760 with a sixty tiller. 2 ft sides. The Mississippi is very unforgiving. You need to know area well, at all stages. Dikes are very dangerous. Especially with a foot of water over them. When l hunted it, no cell phones. At least now, you can have a phone.
The laws for navigable waterways, jewelry stores, and federal refuges are not the same, but that's a nice comparison of apples, oranges, and spider monkeys.

Spurhunter

I've been reading about the levees and all and after seeing the river that time it seems we are just kidding ourselves thinking we are gonna control/ conquer that river. We've been fooling with it for about 100 years, I guess when it gets tired of the levees and control structures it's just gonna push them out of the way and go back to normal.
Straightening the river seemed like a good idea at the time, but that just unleashed a beast.

tickweed

The laws for navigable waterways, jewelry stores, and federal refuges are not the same, but that's a nic
The laws for navigable waterways, jewelry stores, and federal refuges are not the same, but that's a nice comparison of apples, oranges, and ok.
Go ahead. A navigable waterway is defined as a existing channel, ditch. Not the backwater it provides when out of its natural, normal bank. When a river overflows its banks, that doesnt become a navigable water way by law.

Latest posts