80.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 14

Jack12

I wonder if researchers intentionally put trackers on hens. They should be less likely to be harvested given the limits, therefore giving more information. Curious. Great bird! Good luck the rest of the season.

Displaced_Vol

I wonder if researchers intentionally put trackers on hens. They should be less likely to be harvested given the limits, therefore giving more information. Curious. Great bird! Good luck the rest of the season.
I think I heard that on a DU podcast maybe- their reason was to get the nesting data in the spring. Course I could be making this up too but I feel like I've heard that more hens are tracked

Jack12

I think I heard that on a DU podcast maybe- their reason was to get the nesting data in the spring. Course I could be making this up too but I feel like I've heard that more hens are tracked
Nesting data makes a lot of sense. And I'm with you, I bet I've seen photos of drakes with trackers on them (and I've certainly seen banded drakes), but I can only recall hen photos for trackers for some reason

Latest posts