Now that season is over...

HoytDawg

Any of you guys want some squirrels thinned out of your spots? I've got a good young cur dog and would love to help with the nuisance

P.S. I only deer hunt on my family's place a couple times a year and have a very short memory so you dont have to worry about seeing me back in there again

rem270

You probably don't want to travel to Western KY but I have a good spot you could hunt. We always hunt opening day of squirrel and kill 20-40 in a morning hunt. I hunted last Saturday and it was real slow after the rain but ended up with 5.

HoytDawg

You probably don't want to travel to Western KY but I have a good spot you could hunt. We always hunt opening day of squirrel and kill 20-40 in a morning hunt. I hunted last Saturday and it was real slow after the rain but ended up with 5.
I appreciate that rem270! I might take you up on it, I'll pm you if i get a day i can travel up that way.

Ranger Scout

Do you hunt with a dog? I have a great little squirrel dog she is 3/4 fiest and 1/4 curr trees from sight and smell, when she gets one treed it's in for a bad day if it tries to ride out she will circle and keep it in the area and never let up, when she gets on a tree she will stay and bark as long as you allow it.

rem270

Do you hunt with a dog? I have a great little squirrel dog she is 3/4 fiest and 1/4 curr trees from sight and smell, when she gets one treed it's in for a bad day if it tries to ride out she will circle and keep it in the area and never let up, when she gets on a tree she will stay and bark as long as you allow it.
No I've never hunted with a dog but I would love too.

Bone Collector

Just south of Nashville
I'm in Murfreesboro. Land is in Readyville. I hate squirrels, but don't eat them, so I don't shoot them. Between now and end of February, I do not care if people are on my land, but don't want anyone out there in May/June and especially after August.

If you want to shoot some PM me I can set you up. Sorry I just saw your response.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
I had a lab when I was a lad. He was a self taught squirrel dog. Every time we went hunting he would tree and retrieve the first 3 squirrels. The 4th as soon as he got it in his mouth he would run home with it. When I would get home only fur would be left 😁

hillbillyfab

Just wanted to say I was glad to see people offering spots for you to hunt. It seems like it's getting more difficult to find places to hunt because people are worried about pressuring the deer population. I do understand it's their place and they can manage it how they see fit, so don't misinterpret me. We hunt with our little cur dog and are always looking for new spots to squirrel and coon hunt.

HoytDawg

Just wanted to say I was glad to see people offering spots for you to hunt. It seems like it's getting more difficult to find places to hunt because people are worried about pressuring the deer population. I do understand it's their place and they can manage it how they see fit, so don't misinterpret me. We hunt with our little cur dog and are always looking for new spots to squirrel and coon hunt.
You're right about that hillbilly!

Latest posts