Not all public land hunters are googans!

PalsPal

I got to the spot I wanted to start this morning and started to climb the ridge left of the road to my listening spot. I heard a vehicle coming down the gravel road that goes on out a mile or more before it dead ends. There's some good territory back there.

Anyway, I figured he would just drive on my by and go deeper. But when he saw my truck, he turned around and went back out. I silently thanked him!

Now, he may have wanted the spot where I was, but it was appreciated because he didn't know if I had walked on out the road, which I have done in the past.

catman529

I've met plenty of good people on public. Last year after those AR guys shot my bird off the roost, I was at another spot trying to strike one and a guy from east TN walked up on accident, he came in from another access. We ended up talking about hunting for probably an hour. Not everyone's a selfish jerk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike Belt

If a hunter figures there's another hunter in the area and backs out he doesn't have to be a great hunter but he is one with a moral compass that I can appreciate.

'borohunter

Most folks on public land seem to want what we want. An opportunity for a fair chase hunt that we can relax a bit and enjoy. Not everyone mind you but a lot of good folks out there... There will always be stories otherwise but hopefully fewer and farther in between...

UpperTully

Not all of us are rude, crude and arseholes. I went and found a bird for my 7 year old son to kill for his first bird the day before the juv hunt this season. We went back the next morning and got their early. I pulled up and there was 2 trucks already parked there. I pulled up anyways and talked to the guys and ended up showing them exactly where they were roosting at then left to go to another place. To the best of my knowledge, they killed that bird and was gone by 8am.

As bad as it broke my heart to see my son disappointed in that, I wanted to show him how we do it on public land. We did relocate and got on another bird but was unsuccessful.

Latest posts