No Nuts!

Atchman2

My dog Toby and I went down to Roane County. It was a semi-deer scouting and full time squirrel hunt. There is a spot I have that is just solid Hickories and Oak trees. There was not ONE acorn or Hickory Nut on those trees! Further down the ridge, it was virtually the same. Where, I've killed deer the last four years, I can't hardly find any mast. It is 1000% the opposite of last year where there was mast everywhere.

We did see ONE squirrel, but he headed into a hole. Toby laid down beside me and we waited for about half an hour, but it never showed. So for four hours of hunting, we saw ONE squirrel, no deer, no mast, and a gazillion turkeys. I always see turkeys when I'm NOT hunting them. :(

My buddy Toby. He retrieved one behind the house yesterday for me. There was a group of five and one of them stopped at the wrong place and time. In seconds he dropped it at my feet. :)

Dead squirrel and a fine German Air Rifle :)

Rollo

Same here in S. Lincoln. All nuts were gone early and now the squirrels. I usually have squirrels bouncing off my tree stand but not now. Saw one while deer hunting about 70 yards away heading back to the nest. A few barking in the way distance but nothing like we had the past few years. My dog is needing something to tree!!!!

Latest posts