Norma tac-22 subsonic clarification

Tenntrapper

I've been researching various subsonic 22lr rounds for hunting. Ran into a whole mess of confusion with the Norma offering.
Some sellers (midway for example) claim it to be a RN, but when you read down into the description, it says it's a HP. I've spent the last several days trying to figure out what exactly it is. The Norma shooting (USA) website says it's a RN.
I found a very helpful person at a shop in Colorado today. Their website said it was HP.
I called and spoke with a real person. He stopped what he was doing and went and pulled a box to see exactly what it was. Indeed, it was HP. I ordered from them what I wanted.

Still puzzled, as everyone is showing the same UPC code but claiming something different....I called Norma USA for clarification. I think I got someone in a call center....or their living room...not sure. All he could do was tell me what their website said...I already knew that. Although a very polite gentleman, wasn't much help.

Next step...I found their main website (I presume in Sweden) and was able to look it up.
The tac-22 subsonic (UPC 4000294250804) is a HP.

Probably useless information for most, but hoping it's useful to some who are looking for a subsonic HP to shoot tree rats.

dirtyhands

I have the tac 22 standard velocity with the round nose. They come out of my suppressed savage with 16 inch barrel quiter then most low power pellet guns. Also I have no issues shooting tree rats with soft lead projectiles I don't need a hollowpoint

Tenntrapper

I have the tac 22 standard velocity with the round nose. They come out of my suppressed savage with 16 inch barrel quiter then most low power pellet guns. Also I have no issues shooting tree rats with soft lead projectiles I don't need a hollowpoint
The point of the post was to clarify some misleading online descriptions...even with the manufacturer.
As for "needing" a HP to shoot tree rats...I don't need one either, but I want one. The last few years I've noticed (heard) quiet a few ricochets while using tac 22, sk standard +, etc. I may get the same results, but I'm going to try them. Can't be any worse.

Latest posts