Norma 22lr ammo review

Tenntrapper

Just thought I would offer this for anyone that's been considering trying it.
Several months ago I picked up a few boxes of Norma Ecopower 22lr ammo. This is an all copper 24g frangible bullet with a 1706 fps muzzle velocity. (Norma specs). Their tac-22 shoots well out of my rifle, so I figured this might to. The reviews are kind of all over the place, with most saying very inaccurate.
My reason for trying...been hearing ricochets while squirrel hunting with target ammo. Sorry, mini mags just don't shoot well enough for me, in my rifle. Typically, I shoot SK standard +, Norma tac-22, and Eley tenex, with the latter two being used the most.

My results....I believe I've found a new squirrel round. I was shooting at 32 yards, about the distance I find myself shooting at squirrels the most...or somewhere around that. I was also shooting other ammo, so this was just a brief "load these and try them" type of test. Ten rounds were fired. I had 3 flyers...don't know if wind (breezy), my wobbly rest, or just the ammo, but they produced a 1.018" group (with the flyers). If I drop the flyers, the remaining 7 we're .466". This is plenty good enough for head shooting squirrels. And hopefully these will curtail any ricochets. Being frangible, I cant imagine much being left of a squirrel's head either.
Well, not much of an in-depth review...or all conclusive...but I hope it helps someone.

Oh yeah, the POI was about an inch left from my other ammo.
And....the fired cases were .006" longer than the other fired cases. Not sure the length on the cci stingers, but like them, these are somewhat longer than standard.

Tenntrapper

I've tried the Norma TAC 22. It's some of the best grouping ammo in that price range, actually THE best grouping ammo in that price range, that I've tried.
I thought you were trying the match ammo? Or was that a long range ammo? Don't remember...I've slept since then .lol

Tenntrapper

I was going to, but I heard so so reviews on it so I decided to save my pennies and spend them on something else. 😁
About the way I was with the Ecopower. Bought it anyway though, figuring if for nothing else, it would be good for close range garden patrol. Turns out, should be good for squirrels as well. I'll use it on our fox squirrel hunt next week, see how it performs in the field.

Latest posts