Sibby’s a squirrel dog now!

Iglow

She's treed some but this is her first one. She's a few days over 6 months old. We gonna have some squirrel and shrimp jambalaya for supper.

Attachments

• IMG_3531.jpeg
    IMG_3531.jpeg
    385.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3533.jpeg
    IMG_3533.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 21

Iglow

Great looking dog. I have a 2 year old Mullins feist that is obsessed. Only problem, she's gun shy!
Those Mullins dogs are a ball of grit and go for sure! 👍🏻 You might try some cci 22 quiet and hunt with that, I bet after you knock a few out to it , it'll get over the gun shyness.
Here's a trio of Mullins, no reverse gear in these!

Stumpsitter

Great looking dog. I have a 2 year old Mullins feist that is obsessed. Only problem, she's gun shy!
Take someone with you next time you go to do the shooting. Maybe use a CB or a pellet rifle to start. Tie the dog to the tree and pet and encourage her. After she's pretty worked up have them to knock the squirrel out. This will sometimes get them out of being gun shy.

Biggun4214

Great looking dog. I have a 2 year old Mullins feist that is obsessed. Only problem, she's gun shy.
Another method is to feed her. Shoot ( use a primer or an CB short) or bang pots together and if she shys away remove the food. Repeat the next day when she's eating shoot. If she shys away take the food. It also helps to be petting and loving on her when you shoot. Usually by day 3 she will begin to ignore the shot. When she ignores the shot continue to pet and praise her as she eats.
Avoid fireworks though. For some reason they seem to affect dogs worse than shooting.

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
She's treed some but this is her first one. She's a few days over 6 months old. We gonna have some squirrel and shrimp jambalaya for supper.
I loved hunting my grandpa's place as a boy with is squirrel dogs. I couldn't get lost, just tell them to go home when I was ready and then try and keep up.

Latest posts