Food Plots No disc food plot method

Mr. Hawk

Well, I sprayed 12 days ago and planted today before some good rain came thru. I didn't mow yet, should I mow tomorrow or can I wait a few days?

Tn_Va_Hunter

I've tried the method once. It just didn't work for me. Maybe I did it wrong. Wrong year. Not enough rain. Anyways. I went back to keeping it bush hogged low. Spraying. Then running the disc over it very lightly. Drag it smooth and spread my seed when it rains. This year. I thought I hit it good. It came a monsoon and I lost a lot of seed. I just hit the bare spots again today with some oats and called it good. I'm running out of time and money lol.

Mr. Hawk

I've tried the method once. It just didn't work for me. Maybe I did it wrong. Wrong year. Not enough rain. Anyways. I went back to keeping it bush hogged low. Spraying. Then running the disc over it very lightly. Drag it smooth and spread my seed when it rains. This year. I thought I hit it good. It came a monsoon and I lost a lot of seed. I just hit the bare spots again today with some oats and called it good. I'm running out of time and money lol.

well, did the spray throw and mow and this field turned out pretty good. the other one I did turned out ok, but not as good.

Attachments

• CA8B846B-1DC8-4BF0-AC5F-92CA157B4C9F.jpeg
    CA8B846B-1DC8-4BF0-AC5F-92CA157B4C9F.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 90

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
The one point not mentioned here is the importance of seed to soil contact! whether you till or not, drill or broadcast most seeds need to make direct contact with the soil and the related microbial life there to germinate. Small seed like clover, turnips and radishes will find a way or a crevice in which to begin. larger seed like wheat, oats and cereal rye may sprout if your mowed grass holds enough moisture but if they do not establish roots into the soil, the first hot or dry spell will kill it. Soy beans , dont even go there without breaking soil.

Latest posts