Nikon Omega Scope

Team Browning

<shrug> If the one I bought hadnt come with a Nikon scope, I wouldnt have gone with the bdc reticle. The way I see it you have to range it anyway so I dont see it making an incredible difference. That said - it's neat. Thats about it.

Boone 58

Would definitely make it on my short list of scopes to just "gotta have" ......this is an Awesome concept!!!
imo...

Tenbears

DEER ASSASSIN said:
if you gun shoots a 250gn bullet with 150 gn of pellets accuratly

it be a good investment
otherwise aint worth crap

All MZ are not going to shoot the same. This is what they don't tell you.

I have two and both shoot opposite of one another.
I'm sure the scope is of quality, but I have used a regular mil dot scope for years and I'm satified with it out to 130 yrds.

TN RDG RNR

I bought a 50 cal TC Encore and got talked into the Nikon Omega? I am thinking about taking it off my muzzleloader and putting it on my shotgun. I have a Mossberg 500 and am shooting Hornaday SST shot gun slugs in it 300 grn....2000fps
50 yrds +2.4
100 yrds +2.7
150 yrds 0.0
200 yrds -6.7
Will the Omega work on my shotgun? I cant find anywhere what the increament of drop the scope rectile has. Can anyone help me out?

TheLBLman

Team Browning said:
The way I see it you have to range it anyway so I dont see it making an incredible difference. That said - it's neat. Thats about it.
This Nikon Omega Scope is "overrated" IMO.
Nothing wrong with it, but for the same or less money, you can get a better scope with the same reticle feature.

The Burris Fullfield II is better optics (95% light transmission --- comparable to the Nikon Monarch), and can be purchased with the Burris Ballistic Plex reticle (comes with a calibration sheet for many black powder combinations) for less money than the Nikon Omega (92% light transmission rating).

I wouldn't say the Burris Fullfield II is a better scope than the Nikon Monarch, but it is better than the Nikon Omega. That said, if I already had an Omega mounted on a muzzleloader, I probably wouldn't switch to a Burris, but if you haven't bought yet . . . . . take a look.
http://www.burrisoptics.com/fullfield.html
Better scope, similar reticle, lower price . . . .
http://www.burrisoptics.com/reticles.html

Latest posts