Scope Reccomemdation

Auberst

Hey guys, looking for recommendations on a scope for a new ML. I have a 20 yr old TC Omega fluted, stainless, thumbhole stock topped with a Nikon 3x9x40 BuckMaster that I will be replacing with a CVA Optima V2. The Omega will be passed to my son. I am wanting to spend under 300, looking at 3x9x40. Am I overlooking any other good candidate. I know Vortex has good rep, but the ones made in China have had issues.

If anyone has a good Nikon that is not wanting an arm and a leg, I am interested!

Redfield Revolution - USA
Vortex Diamondback HP - China
Leupold freedom, not the ultimate slam I dont like the reticle - USA
Bushnell Elite 3200 - China
Burris Fellfield II - Philippines

Cannonball1

I have a Bushnell Elite 3200 that was made in Japan. It's a 5-15x40 and listed in the classifieds if you are interested.
IMG_4538.jpeg
IMG_4539.jpeg

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I did a lot of research on it, and concluded that at my price point, the Burris Fullfield was my best bet—I bought the one that has the BDC supposedly calibrated for .50 cal MZ's.

But I have not so much as mounted it on my new Optima V2, yet. Season's still far enough away I haven't got it all set up and sighted in yet.

Remi

None of those are bad choices, I've owned them all but Vortex. I've seen several Nikons fail but they have a good following.

Burris makes a good scope and with the being $104 on Amazon that's the direction I'd go.

Last edited:

BSK

Agree, currently have a Burris Signature HD 2-10x40 on my Knight. I've been really happy with it. Their Veracity series is also nice and won't hurt the wallet too awful bad.
I had no idea Burris made a scope going down to 2 power. I've had the hardest time finding scopes that go that low. Most of my shooting is at very close range, so I want a scope that can be set on 2 power, but have the option to crank it up to 4 or 5 if need be. I ended up with the Leupold VX Freedom 2-7X and I'm thrilled with it, but I'll check out the Burris.

CHRIS WILSON

I had no idea Burris made a scope going down to 2 power. I've had the hardest time finding scopes that go that low. Most of my shooting is at very close range, so I want a scope that can be set on 2 power, but have the option to crank it up to 4 or 5 if need be. I ended up with the Leupold VX Freedom 2-7X and I'm thrilled with it, but I'll check out the Burris.
They have the Signature HD in 2-10x40 and the Veracity in 2-10x42. The Veracity is the next step up from the Signature HD series. I also like that low end magnification. I hunt a lot of thick wooded areas where shots can be rather close at times. It does come in handy.

Latest posts