Night video comparison between Browning camera models

Fitchj13

I have all but weened out all my cams except the browning ones. They just last and take the best video imo. Run about 9-12 per year. Quit buying the cheap stuff a few years back as they never last.

Just gotta buy the larger storage disc's for those videos. Usually can catch them on sale at walgreens.

BSK

I have all but weened out all my cams except the browning ones. They just last and take the best video imo. Run about 9-12 per year. Quit buying the cheap stuff a few years back as they never last.

Just gotta buy the larger storage disc's for those videos. Usually can catch them on sale at walgreens.
As of this year, I'm retiring the last of my still-image-only cams and going all Browning cams running video. I just learn too much from video to pass that up. Plus, I find running photo censuses with video actually works better than with still images, which is exactly the opposite of what I believed would be true when video trail-cams first started hitting the market.

The first time I bought a portable terabyte backup drive, I thought, "This will last forever." Then I started running my cams in video. Now I'm buying backup drives that hold two terabytes!

Mr.Bro

Ok moved my new Elite HP 4 this afternoon per BSKs suggestion to much back flash from a tree on the outer edge. I bet it corrects my problem with night pics.
Now I have a good reason for another road trip next weekend. Hope all have a great weekend.
Wish the Elite had the adjustable bracket.

BSK

What is your typical trigger interval?

Do you sometimes use a longer video setting (such as 20 sec)?

I am pondering using a "dual" system of pairing a cell cam (taking stills)
with a video cam (non-cell). Thoughts?
During the season, I usually have cams on food plots with 10 sec video and 20 or 30 second delay. However, for cameras on scrapes, I use 20 second video and only 10 second delay.

TheLBLman

Until now, I've found it wasn't "feasible" to do that with video due to both draining the batteries so fast as well as filling up the sd cards quickly. This has been (still is for me) even more true if using video mode on cell cams.

With the much longer battery life (not just with this new Browning cam, but with many cams now), it does seem like a great idea to be running more video. Plus, these Browning cams will take a very large SD card. Seems many cams still will not accept an sd card larger than 32gb, which really isn't large enough for running high-resolution video.

Also, the video imagery, and true black flash range, has greatly improved in just the past couple years.
For me, targeting deer, I would only use true black flash if in video mode.

Latest posts