Patio camera

peytoncreekhunter

Mr. Skunk came waddling across my patio a little after 1 a.m. this morning. I've smelled him a few mornings, I guess he's out looking for groceries!

vlcsnap-2024-01-19-09h32m57s009.png

BSK

I'm amazed at how many skunks we've got in suburban Nashville. We see them in our yard all the time. We have one that is pure white except for a black tip to his tail. Pretty animals, but I would prefer fewer around!

backyardtndeer

Skunk on the patio is no good. Think I would have to find a way to either block it off the patio or trap it and get rid of it.

Our dog had one that he got an indirect hit from a couple months ago, it was still bad.

Gravey

Right after we bought this house we had one get under our house through one of the hvac units. The holes where you can pick them up with a forklift has not been closed up. Tried to trap him and couldn't so finally found a man that said he could catch him without traps and remove him. He looked like the turtle man but he showed up and within an hour is so he did what he said. That dang skunk had sprayed before getting under the house presumably when he was in the back yard because we have 3 dogs and they all smelled bad. In fact the entire house did and my wife almost went mental over it. Took quite a while to get the smell out of the house and dogs. Sealed those holes on the ac units that day.

338lapuaman

Got no reason for skunks.
They dig up and eat yellow jackets nest and all also wasps (ground or in shrubs) eat nest and all. I had a yellow jackets nest swarming on the path to my favorite shooting house and went late one evening after dark and sprinkled Seven's dust all around and in the hole and came back next day to an empty hole about the size of a basketball and raked the leaves back and there wasn't even a speck of nest or dead yellow jackets or nothing. Also had scent of skunk in the air so skunks do have their place just not on the patio.....lol

Latest posts