Browning defender Vision Pro

BSK

I wonder if Browning is going to come out with a new non-cellular camera this year? Although sticking with the HP5s isn't a bad thing. They are great cameras.

Ski

I wonder if Browning is going to come out with a new non-cellular camera this year? Although sticking with the HP5s isn't a bad thing. They are great cameras.

I'm not sure what advancements can be made besides bringing price down. The technology has peaked to the point that cheap cams on Amazon compete or even surpass big name quality.

drake799

I'm not sure what advancements can be made besides bringing price down. The technology has peaked to the point that cheap cams on Amazon compete or even surpass big name quality.
Can you name some of these cams for me please I need to buy another 1 or 2 Thanks

megalomaniac

Dang, that's some service. Ordered at 8pm on 3/7, and on my doorstep this morn 3/9.

I went ahead and also ordered one of the elevated omni antennas for another $40. Supposed to be excellent for areas with little reception

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240309_094215_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240309_094215_Gallery.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 25

tntrkkllr

Dang, that's some service. Ordered at 8pm on 3/7, and on my doorstep this morn 3/9.

I went ahead and also ordered one of the elevated omni antennas for another $40. Supposed to be excellent for areas with little reception
I looked at it on browning and they only work with the Vision Pro like what you have so it won't work on my brownings

megalomaniac

Well...

One of the cameras works perfectly out of the box, the other has a defective internal antenna and will be going back to Browning for a replacement.

2nd Browning camera I've had to return right out of the box out of about 15 over the years.

East TN Bowhunter

I used a spypoint antenna last season and had a bear rip it out of the side of the camera and even before he did it barely helped get reception. I went from no bars to one bar sometimes.

megalomaniac

Update...

They are quirky... spent 30 min twice on the phone with Browning.

Both cams are functioning well now, but the internal antennas are weak (2 bars or less on your phone and the cam wont work) w. One seems to be draining battery excessively, but transmitting pics just fine.

The app is quirky as well. Rotate the phone to enlarge images, and it won't auto rotate back. Have to restart the app to view 2nd cam.

Overall, not terribly impressed. Great deal nevertheless on the bundle, as you can just disable the cell phone feature and plan, and just use it like any regular camera. And the pic quality of the camera is good. The solar chargers seem to be working well.

Latest posts