Question about Browning cameras!

PalsPal

I also am using Browning cameras and really like them.

My question is there a way to view pics without having to use their software? I use the time-lapse feature (set to 5 min pics) to cover two food plots, but viewing them is a pain.

Are there any other options?

JCDEERMAN

Do you have a memory card reader that can be plugged into your phone? I have an iPhone and once the reader is plugged in, I click on "Files" and I can view from there.

BC5294D9-D696-442C-956E-C1638A9C9F61.png

TheLBLman

The Browning time-lapse software is proprietary.
I personally don't like it as well as the (non-proprietary) time-lapse features of other camera brands, and is in fact exactly why I'm running some other brands for time-lapse.

For me, my main issue with the Browning time-lapse software is the inability to finely tune the timing, such as when it starts, and when it ends daily. The beginning/end cycles (can do two daily) begin with before sunrise, and end with after sunset. You can do something like the 1st 3 hours of the day + the last 3 hours of the day.

But since you cannot set the exact beginning & ending times, you will sometimes miss some activity. Some users actually prefer NOT having to think about the times, just early morning & late evening. I'm more a stickler for not missing anything. You also cannot run the Browning time-lapse at night, which I do at times with other brands, particularly 15 minutes before & after sunrise/sunset.

Another thing: Ridgetec, Bushnell, and even my older Moultrie's (the two still working) allow me to do field scan with maximum pic resolution, while the Browning field scan is simply a much lower resolution. Of course, sd card capacity becomes a much bigger issue when using a lot of field scan (and/or video).

But there are other aspects of the Browning time-lapse software I actually like more than many other brands. Browning has a 2-minute interval setting, while many others offer either 1 or 5 minutes, but nothing in between. Browning cams also allow huge sd cards up to 512 gb! Most others only go up to 32gb, which is simply not enough if you're running a lot of field scan or video.

Simply by using it a lot, you can become more efficient at viewing. But it takes me at least twice as long to view a thousand pics from a Browning, as from a Ridgetec.

One other thing, when you go to cellular, none of the Browning cell cams will do field scan in cell mode. It is mainly for that reason I've been transitioning more of my cell cams over to Ridgetecs.

Latest posts