Newest 280ai

hunter0925

Got this one back the other day and I finally got it assembled. I can't wait to shoot it but it may be a few days still. Gonna be using the 160gr accubond and am testing h4831sc and rl26 to begin with.
McMillan hunter stock with edge fill
Stiller tac300 action
Bartlien 3 contour 9twist cut at 24 inches
Timney 510 trigger
Factory bdl bottom metal
Talley lightweight rings holding a leupold vx5 3-15x44
I was told the barrel is exceptionally straight and I have full faith thag Tim did me right on it. I will hopefully be posting a few groups here soon!

280longshot

I have a Remington CDL 280 my favorite rifle. I own several rifles and it'll shoot 1/2" group with ease.
I never felt the need for a 280ai but it does have it's advantages. Once you get a load tuned you'll probably do like me, it'll become your favorite rifle.
That set up is just about perfect, love the stock and barrel contour is perfect.

hunter0925

280longshot":2g9l1tgu said:
I have a Remington CDL 280 my favorite rifle. I own several rifles and it'll shoot 1/2" group with ease.
I never felt the need for a 280ai but it does have it's advantages. Once you get a load tuned you'll probably do like me, it'll become your favorite rifle.
That set up is just about perfect, love the stock and barrel contour is perfect.

If I bought a factory rifle I would have no problem going with a straight 280. Once I started going the custom route there was no downside to the AI as I would already be buying new brass and dies. This is my second 280ai and this one will be my go to,hunting rifle for everything pretty much. I will still use my 300wsm for elk and bigger and this will be my backup. I can't speak highly enough of Tim and the quality of work he does. Knowing him, he will be dissapointed if I only have this thing shooting quarter of an inch.

280longshot

I know Tim well and almost pulled the trigger on a custom rig myself.
One of these days I'll get him to build one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mr.big

with those parts spun upon that Old South Bend there is no way it wouldnt shoot,,,its hard to think about a factory rifle after shooting something like that,,

congrats on a very nice package,, :drool:

hunter0925

mr.big":s64vvq8z said:
with those parts spun upon that Old South Bend there is no way it wouldnt shoot,,,its hard to think about a factory rifle after shooting something like that,,

congrats on a very nice package,, :drool:

I doubt a factory rifle will ever see my name on a background check again! Tim is the man for sure!

hunter0925

Deer Assassin":irl95ace said:
280longshot":irl95ace said:

ditto

if you ever sell it let me know

that is sweet

Sorry DA! This one won't ever be leaving me but you are more than welcome to shoot it when we try to check off some of these east TN counties for ya.

Deer Assassin

hunter0925":3as5350h said:
Deer Assassin":3as5350h said:
280longshot":3as5350h said:

ditto

if you ever sell it let me know

that is sweet

Sorry DA! This one won't ever be leaving me but you are more than welcome to shoot it when we try to check off some of these east TN counties for ya.

that would be torture

one fine rifle

Hunter 257W

An accurate 280, whether it be the standard 280 Remington or Ackley Improved version, would be hard to beat for an all around mid size big game rifle. I've only had one sub 1/4 moa rifle in my life and I can verify that it is exceptionally fun to shoot groups that tiny!

Latest posts