Newbie Advice

Tnscot

Hey Ya'll. I'm in my late 30's and I want to start hunting. I'm thinking about starting with small game, and moving up from there. Is there anything I need to know? Any things that I absolutely MUST do or absolutely CANT do? I have a .22 LR, a .410 bore and I'm looking to get a .12 GA for Christmas. Words of advice?

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
Small game is the best way to start. Practice target shooting the 22. When you are good enough to hit a squierrel in the head consistantly. You are good enough to start deer hunting.

A

Anonymous

im 40 and just now taking up hunting for my kids.theres some great people on this forum and theyre experiences and knowledge has helped me more than i can say.its been a great experience for me and i hope you come to love it as ive had.and welcome to the forums.

Radar

Welcome to the forum ! My name is Scott too :) I started out hunting rabbits , pheasants and squirrels in Mi. with a 12 ga. shotgun .
Small game hunting is fun , and a relaxing way to get started hunting . I would suggest going along with an experienced mentor/hunter .

Tnscot

Would it be strange for me to hunt rabbits without a dog? Because I see a lot of rabbits around. And I dont need a dog to see them. So it stands to reason that I wouldnt need a dog to hunt them. But every time I look up rabbit hunting online, it ALWAYS involves a trained hunting dog. Opinions? Comments?

Radar

Tnscot said:
Would it be strange for me to hunt rabbits without a dog? Because I see a lot of rabbits around. And I dont need a dog to see them. So it stands to reason that I wouldnt need a dog to hunt them. But every time I look up rabbit hunting online, it ALWAYS involves a trained hunting dog. Opinions? Comments?

I used to kick brushpiles and jumpshoot them before I got beagles .

Latest posts