New to trapping

bigrob

I have a question I been watching alot of videos on trapping. My question is I been getting alot of pictures of coyote and Bobcats in my foodplot is there any special place I need to look for setting traps?

Madbowh

Mainly good trails,roads etc. They will travel things like logging roads w way more than any other animal. Make funnels and set traps, try, try, and try again. You'll just have to get out there and get hands on. Videos only get you so far, every property is different. I've used gut piles and bait before, even with that its tough, but they are pretty smart. Stay away from open areas, set them in edges pinch points, roads, and funnels(make funnels)

hammer33

Try a hay set. Get a square bale of hay, place it in a visible spot near where you think the cats/yotes are entering/leaving the plot. IF you have been watching videos, you should have seen one on how to make a Dirt hole set or a step down dirt hole, or a trench set. Basically you set that hay bale over the baited hole with the foot hold about 8-10" out from the edge. Bobcat/yote will come to investigate the bale. See/smell the hole then work the set. Caught 2 yotes and 1 bobcat in the same hay set this month.

Latest posts