New to TN - Turkey Info

Cheese in TN

Just moved down to Knoxville, TN from Wisconsin and am looking for some information/advice on spring turkey hunting.

- Is there any decent turkey hunting in the WMA's on the east side of TN? I have walked the Forks on the River WMA and found a little sign but nothing that really blows me away.

- For the quota hunts, are the permits randomly drawn or is there some kind of point/preference system that determines who gets permits?

- More of a general question....do counties in TN have plat books available? Or is there some other way to find out who owns certain chunks of land? I was going to do some scouting and see if I could get permission to hunt some private land in Knox and the surrounding counties.

Any input you guys can offer would be great.

Cuttin Caller

Staff member
Welcome

Pick you up a Hunting and Trapping Guide at Wal Mart or any Sporting Good Store. Or go to www.tnwildlife.org

I never turkey hunting in East Tn but I am sure there are plenty in them parts. Just ask here and we all can help you.
In the Guide there are wma's listed those are public hunting lands. Look through there get some ideas as what is close to you and how far your willing to travel for turkeys.

Hope you like the site.

Setterman

Last year Forks of the River WMA was closed to turkey hunting for some reason, even so it is a waste of time as there are very few bird there.

TVA Land around the area reservoirs is always a good bet.

Royal Blue and vicinity are polluted, but you better be in dam good shape to take on that part of the world.

Bottom line is we have excellent turkey hunting in this state, and based on what I have seen this fall, next spring could be a magical spring in the turkey woods.

InfoMan

Give me a call during the week at the TWRA Region IV Office 1-800-332-0900 I'll be glad to help you.

Welcome to an addiction.

Latest posts