New to bow hunting

Wells Taxidermy

I would look for an 4-6 year old bow. A bow brand is like askin folks ford,chevy,or dodge. Find one that you like a have at it. They should be very reasonably priced depending on what s on it. sights, rest, ect.....

remember you dont need a bow that shoots 330 fps to kill a deer. 32foot pounds of kinetic energy is all it takes my freind x2 on the quiet part

bigtex

Whatever you do, make sure the bow "fits" you. You will never shoot a bow well that has a draw length too short or too long. If your new to archery either have a friend who knows the sport help you or go to a reputable bow shop that can help you find the right bow.

RatherBeHuntin

Wells Taxidermy said:
I would look for an 4-6 year old bow. A bow brand is like askin folks ford,chevy,or dodge. Find one that you like a have at it. They should be very reasonably priced depending on what s on it. sights, rest, ect.....
remember you dont need a bow that shoots 330 fps to kill a deer. 32foot pounds of kinetic energy is all it takes my freind x2 on the quiet part
Good point. I know alot of folks who think they need to buy every new model that comes out. Should be lots of good used bows to choose from.

Scioto

Good post. Been thinking the same thing.

Two questions: (1) any recommendations on a reputable bow shop in Williamson/Maury County vicinity; and (2) what are the collective thoughts on a cross bow as an alternative?

Thanks.

30-06 type of guy

Thanks guys i think i will try for the 4-6 yr old bows glad i can come here to get good info from ppl..NewTN Hunter yes there is is a bowshop here in columbia its on bearcreek rd out past mcdonald of your familiar with the area

JGreg

As much as I hate to promote the stupid site, craigslist usually has some pretty good deals on used bows. It also has really crappy deals on s&8t bows to so talk around feel'em up shoot some and find what you like and are comfy with.

Pursuit Hunter

NewTN Hunter said:
Good post. Been thinking the same thing.

Two questions: (1) any recommendations on a reputable bow shop in Williamson/Maury County vicinity; and (2) what are the collective thoughts on a cross bow as an alternative?

Thanks.
The Archery Den. Just off I-65 near the Williamson Co Ag center.

TRIGGER

Just started bow hunting last year and killed my first with a bow this year. It's a blast just practicing with a bow. Good luck finding a bow. As others have said you can find a perfectly good used bow for a reasonable price.

Poleaxe

Get your draw length mesured first. Being your first yr I wudnt pay the money for a new bow unless you have it to spend and have a good spouse that wudnt get mad if u did. I hate archery talk but you can find a ton of bows on there for really cheap. My buddy got back into bowhunting last yr and I found him a 3yr old bowtech allegance with sight and rest and arrows for $300. Havent really seen any deals on tndeer classifieds. You could check your local craigslist. If you find one and the draw length is to long/short and its a good deal, you can always go to your closest dealer for that brand and buy you the right cam you need to fit your draw length. Good luck. If I can help you find one let me know. I still feel that rush bowhunting that I did when I shot my first deer.

redblood

BUY USED. some of these bow nuts have to have a new model every other yr. they buy em for 800, put 500 bucks of accessories on em, and sell them for 300-400. let them take the hit. several in the classifieds now

Latest posts