New Tagging Law

Huntseverything22

Where do you find information about the new tag before you drag law/ print out tags? Looked on the TWRA website but didn't find anything and nothing in the hunting guide. Just seen it on Facebook. Wanting to stay legal.

tn24

I'm more concerned with finding a turkey to kill than I am with the tagging part.

Acorn

When I bought my sportsman's license last weekend it had four tags on the bottom of the print out. I haven't printed it yet but I'm going to laminate them when I do. I talked with the warden last week and he said if you check them in online before you move them you don't have to tag them. I have one spot I hunt that I don't have phone service so I will have to have a tag for that farm.

Huntseverything22

Okay thanks. I guess that's why I haven't seen it don't have to renew my license because I got lifetime. Just texted a lot of people I hunt with that are serious hunters and they didn't know either. Was kind of concerning since season is a couple weeks away

Acorn

3876749cdf6d884d6534dba1b39c9fe6.jpg

Here is a little more info that was on my license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PalsPal

Andy S.":2k6hza71 said:
^^^^ Thanks for sharing.

Ditto. I had no idea that regulation had been added.

That does raise a question though. On one WMA I hunt, you HAVE to take any harvested birds to one of the manned checking stations and they have always checked them in. I have a feeling they won't be happy if I have already checked it in using the app.

megalomaniac

Glad I saw this. Thanks for the info. I always checked mine in after getting them back to the house and getting actual weight, beard length, and spur length so it was accurate and not an estimate. I bet there will be a lot of hunters who do not know to register their kill before moving the animal.

We started the same process in MS last year. It's really easy, although many Turkey hunters here refuse to check in their bird. Some of that thinking is it's never been done before, some is they dont want the govt knowing their business, and some is because they dont intend to stop at 3 birds killed. There was a rumor that the app would geotag your location when you checked in a bird, so the app was revised to clearly state your location was NOT being tracked by the app.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Displaced_Vol

PalsPal":cqcgymsp said:
Andy S.":cqcgymsp said:
^^^^ Thanks for sharing.

Ditto. I had no idea that regulation had been added.

That does raise a question though. On one WMA I hunt, you HAVE to take any harvested birds to one of the manned checking stations and they have always checked them in. I have a feeling they won't be happy if I have already checked it in using the app.

That's a good question. I'd say give them a call before heading out and see what they say.

In KY we've had to fill out part of our tagging requirements before we moved anything, but have until midnight the day of the kill to call in & get the actual confirmation number. I think you just had to write down animal, sex, county & date before you moved it. I like that part of the app works without needing service. Hopefully I'll try it out here in the next few weeks!

Latest posts