New squirrel terrorist weapon...

Tar12

I need to stay off of Rimfire Central....lol After seeing numerous outstanding groups from members CZ 512 .22s I talked myself into getting one ....and I was not disappointed! My intentions were to gain at the very least a nice coon hunting rifle but after shooting it I realized it was capable of outstanding accuracy!The following pic was from the morning it drew first blood...it is topped with a ultra rare and apparent one time run of Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40 Rimfire..Excellent glass!
YIk90R1l.jpg

After the initial sight in I got down to business with it..ammo was bulk Federal HP shot at 50 yds...I can't wait to try the Lapua/SK in it!
pqicHLKl.jpg

Last but not least...a 10 shot group..
qgO0SDil.jpg

Tar12

Andy S.":1ri8j9ai said:
That is very impressive, thanks for sharing. You made any adjustments to the trigger?
There is no adjusting of the trigger on a 512...you adjust to it....this trigger broke at 2-3/4 lb. It is no 452 trigger but is far better than a stock 10/22 trigger IMO.

Tar12

Andy S.":wmw4q97i said:
10-4, adjusting to 2.75# won't be a problem for me. Thanks again for sharing.
I ran the trigger gauge 5 times and it was very consistent and it broke every time at 2.75

MgTGbeTl.jpg

roosterpig

Good looking setup! Lethal grouping. So much has gone into getting my 10/22 to my liking. Your rig seems way more worth it!

Tar12

roosterpig":poe9nmyv said:
Good looking setup! Lethal grouping. So much has gone into getting my 10/22 to my liking. Your rig seems way more worth it!
I have been the 10/22 route...my last one I had dropped a lot of coin into to get it to shoot the way I wanted it...a thief decided they needed it worse than I did..my son bought a current model 10/22...where has the quality gone? plastic trigger group,butt plate and barrel band? Seriously? Right out of the box the trigger group was problematic with a pin in a oversized hole that would allow the trigger to chocolate chip cookie sideways! I decided right then and there that wasn't going to be any money spent on getting another 10/22 "right"...so down the road she went and enter the CZ....a nice stable mate to the 11 other CZ 452 models of different calibers and configurations that I own..they flat shoot right out of box.

roosterpig

Tar12":30jfho4t said:
roosterpig":30jfho4t said:
I have been the 10/22 route...my last one I had dropped a lot of coin into to get it to shoot the way I wanted it...a thief decided they needed it worse than I did..my son bought a current model 10/22...where has the quality gone? plastic trigger group,butt plate and barrel band? Seriously? Right out of the box the trigger group was problematic with a pin in a oversized hole that would allow the trigger to chocolate chip cookie sideways! I decided right then and there that wasn't going to be any money spent on getting another 10/22 "right"...so down the road she went and enter the CZ....a nice stable mate to the 11 other CZ 452 models of different calibers and configurations that I own..they flat shoot right out of box.

I got lucky and commandeered an old one that my dad gifted me. TacSol barrel, stock, lots of goodies. Gotta work on the trigger. Absolutely loved squirre hunting with a good dog when I lived in South Carolina. Makes me want to get back at it.

Latest posts