Food Plots New Field Tuff ATV seeder

megalomaniac

Why?

Won't be heavy enough to use as a no till drill.

If you are discing your plot with a tractor, may as well just broadcast seed and drag.

If you are trying to disc your plot with an atv disc, it will take 10 passes to break the ground enough to be able to use this seed drill.

Bgoodman30

Why?

Won't be heavy enough to use as a no till drill.

If you are discing your plot with a tractor, may as well just broadcast seed and drag.

If you are trying to disc your plot with an atv disc, it will take 10 passes to break the ground enough to be able to use this seed drill.
You think the ground would have to be tilled up for it to work?

Ski

It's probably quite effective for what it's designed to do, which is evenly placing seed in neat rows and appropriate depth. However, for it to do that you need a well prepared soil. The drag mat can't cover the seed with soil if there's no loose soil to drag.

Bgoodman30

Sure they are selling a few and will get some reviews soon. I'm sure as heck not going to be the Guinea pig.

Ski

Gravity feed through slots so nope not evenly placed,
Appropriate depth, nope not depth adjustable.
Like said above, if you have the equipment to make this thing look good, you do not need it!

Surely either the discs or wheels are adjustable. And even gravity feed with variable slot holes is more even/consistent than a broadcaster. But I get your point and agree. It's not a seed drill and isn't needed. It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

The biggest hurdle with remote, rough terrain plots is working the soil into an adequate seed bed. I've not seen anything made for an atv/utv that does it anywhere as effective or efficient as a tractor implements.

JCDEERMAN

The biggest hurdle with remote, rough terrain plots is working the soil into an adequate seed bed. I've not seen anything made for an atv/utv that does it anywhere as effective or efficient as a tractor implements.
If you're not talking no till, the firminator seems like it'd be a good choice. I think they make a 4ft for a 4-wheeler. It disks, seeds and packs in one pass (I believe). I haven't done a whole lot of research on it, but may be something to look at. Of course, they may be really expensive

Ski

If you're not talking no till, the firminator seems like it'd be a good choice. I think they make a 4ft for a 4-wheeler. It disks, seeds and packs in one pass (I believe). I haven't done a whole lot of research on it, but may be something to look at. Of course, they may be really expensive

I've seriously considered one. Just can't quite pull the trigger. I'd need it to be able to break hard clay ground and I'm not sure it would.

Bgoodman30

They are REALLY expensive.

JCDEERMAN

I'm amazed at the balancing act of nature. Those that have ag in the vicinity have rock for ridge top plots. Though, where we are, no ag for miles (ridges and hollows of hardwoods and pines), however our ridge top plots are not GREAT soil, but SOIL nonetheless…for feet. I'm just amazed at how mother nature does the balancing.

Latest posts