New family member

Chickencoop96

We got this pup at 9 weeks old hes almost 11 weeks now. Hes a smart pup and ive already got him house trained and he's good with my other dog. Had all his shots and i got him for what the shots were worth. He's supposedly a walker and Black n' tan mix. Any advice on raising a young coonhound?

Attachments

• received_624717319104537.jpeg
    received_624717319104537.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 65

timberjack86

I've never known of an inside coonhound but hey anything is possible. I'd start getting him on a leash and letting him load in a dog box and take him to the woods pretty soon. By 6 months you should show him a live cage trapped coon and start hunting him with an older dog. He will either make a hunting dog or he won't. Not all coonhounds make tree dogs.

timberjack86

@timberjack86 well if he doesn't tree he will still make a good companion around the house. heck he already has made a good companion around the house. this'll be my first go round with trying to raise a coonhound.
I've got a catahoula cur I was going to make into a hunting dog but the way the kids spoil her probably not lol but all is not lost, I'm thinking I'm going to train her to blood trail. It's about the easiest thing to train a dog to do. I've trained several top notch tracking dogs.

Latest posts